Join for free
Page 25 of 33 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:54 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bullying tactics! Oh my, are you making an accusation of bullying?
You've just hung yourself.
Give it a rest and stop.
Your tactics are obvious to everyone and you even have the brass neck to admit you are trolling me, so stop.

Now come on, you have to agree your whole presentation of your case on here has been pretty much to establish that 'bullying' does not exist ...
Nope.
Not once have I said - or implied - that bullying does not exist.
Reread my posts.

Patel is the victim of bullying now?
You do have a penchant for twisting things.
More trolling - they aren't my words, are they?
Read again and note the sources.

Now how about an apology of your own?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a headline summary. Other news media are quoting the Times. Are you saying that the article is reporting something that contradicts the headline? Because that would be a first.

I will make my own mind up if Boris ever publishes the inquiry report.
Since the responsibility is Boris's alone the decision whether or not to release it is his.
Not yours and not the medias.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The word is, (sorry no link) that she will be for the chop in the next cabinet reshuffle...after all what if anything has she achieved?
Whose word?
A media hack?
Okay ..........

Come back to me if it happens.

You're another one who is obviously not averse to bullying so long as it's not Priti Patel doing it, I note.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 04:04 PM

Me too Annie ..... shouting, swearing and now allegedly she herself is the victim of bullying, racism, misogyny and unfair treatment.
Either way ... it does not look good after all the recent reported infighting behind closed Downing Street doors.
What's not looking good is the attitudes of civil servants or indeed the future of those who persist in nefarious anti-government tactics.
FYI Downing Street is pretty much united in rallying around Priti Patel although like much which is factual you seem to ignore that.
"Tory colleagues rally behind Priti Patel" has been a headline widely used.
I politely suggest you remove your head from wherever it currently is and have a look.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Since the responsibility is Boris's alone the decision whether or not to release it is his.
Not yours and not the medias.
It must be pretty explosive if he is keeping it under his hat, even the more "palatable" version.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 04:23 PM

It must be pretty explosive if he is keeping it under his hat, even the more "palatable" version.
Why must it?
If it is your typical report from a civil servant it will most likely be indecisive and full of opinion rather than contain much in the way of fact.
That would explain Boris choosing to ignore it and Sir Allan being so gentalmanly in storming off when he didn't get his way.

ETA:
As Sir Allan himself said:
"“I recognise that it is for the Prime Minister to make a judgement on whether actions by a Minister amount to a breach of the Ministerial Code."
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 04:28 PM

I should hope it is obvious.
You're really not 'getting it' are you ... which is kinda ironic as you set your own mantrap.
I just had to spring it so I can't claim the credit as it is all yours.
It really was too easy.
You simply don't like it when someone bites back when you browbeat them ... and then you accuse them of bullying.
Think about it. You''ll get there in the end.
Methinks the one who will get there eventually is yourself; trolling like this is widely frowned-upon.
Others will note how you appear only to take personal shots at me when you perceive wrong and then rinse and repeat - after now twice admitting baiting.
The anonymity of an internet forum will not prevent others for seeing what you are.

Nothing so far disclosed about the report suggests intentional bullying.
That is why Boris - and other ministers and MP's - have shown support for Priti Patel.
Anythen else is pure supposition.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why must it?
If it is your typical report from a civil servant it will most likely be indecisive and full of opinion rather than contain much in the way of fact.
That would explain Boris choosing to ignore it and Sir Allan being so gentalmanly in storming off when he didn't get his way.

ETA:
As Sir Allan himself said:
"“I recognise that it is for the Prime Minister to make a judgement on whether actions by a Minister amount to a breach of the Ministerial Code."
I'm not aware of his employment contract other than he wrote the report as an independent advisor. I wonder whether his intelligence reports in his prior role were "full of opinion".
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 04:36 PM

Priti is leaving?
Not according to this:
Priti Patel shakes up antiquated work practices at Home Office

"The top ranks of the civil servants at the Home Office are to be shaken up in the wake of claims of bullying by Priti Patel, with officials forced to work some weekends and be subject to performance reviews."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...hake-up-priti/

Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 04:38 PM

I'm not aware of his employment contract other than he wrote the report as an independent advisor. I wonder whether his intelligence reports in his prior role were "full of opinion".
Explain please what is "independent" about a civil servant obviously taking the side of other civil servants?
I will say it again: the inquiry should have been by a truly independent person and not by another civil servant.

This is the man who MP's called upon to resign eight years ago, following him being recognized as a "poodle" in a "non-job".
The man who was so ignorant that he published his own personal details on his own website.
How he has lasted so long defies belief - but is typical of senior civil servants.

Page 25 of 33 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top