Join for free
Page 13 of 23 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: No-deal Brexit impacts

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sad to say this speaks more about you than about her.
You approve of mob rule?
I said earlier it crossed a line but she isn't an innocent I remember her saying Nigel Farage looked like he had a pole up his bottom and was enjoying it, I cleaned that one up BTW so if she can say things like that she is no innocent. MPs have many of them said things that really are heinous about each other and the voters. They are reaping what they sowed but sadly they have poked the wrong people in many cases and will get it back.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Sad to say this speaks more about you than about her.
You approve of mob rule?
Where does free speech end and mob rule and intimidation begin?
New thread?
I wasn't being serious, Ruthio. I'd never even heard of her until yesterday. Has she got some great plans for making our country a better place to live or just another wealthy argumentative politician moaning about the opposite party's policies as if she could do better? All the same aren't they?
She does look not very nice though
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wasn't being serious, Ruthio. I'd never even heard of her until yesterday. Has she got some great plans for making our country a better place to live or just another wealthy argumentative politician moaning about the opposite party's policies as if she could do better? All the same aren't they?
She does look not very nice though
But she's most flattering about you!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:04 PM

As I have said before, this is a clear indication of what is likely to happen if our MPs ignore the stated wishes of the people.

Anna Soubry is an offensive woman. If anyone doubts this, they need to listen to her both in and out of Parliament and make up their own minds.

I'll say it again: she gets what she deserves.

And that's my free speech.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:05 PM

But she's most flattering about you!
I wouldn't want to share a Sex on the Beach in one glass and two straws with her across a table though.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:09 PM

Re Soubury , if we don"t get a proper Brexit that may the way of things in the future . People are just getting fed up with it all . The lies & prevaricating
by the Appeaser.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Thing is, it's the job they do. They should expect to be bawled at occasionally by protestors (and perhaps ask themselves why these people are angry).
Yes it can't be nice to have insults thrown at her but she chose that job and should be more thick-skinned and shrug it off.
She ought to work in a warehouse and deal with everyday banter there.....but of course she couldn't as she's far too middle class.
Tough.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I understand why a lot of people are angry with Soubry, Chukka etc and as someone who voted in favour of Brexit I can understand why.

The thing is, accusing her of being a Nazi and harassing and bullying her in the street by the mob is just unacceptable. We have freedom of speech and freedom to protest - we do not have the freedom of mob culture and to throw insults at people.

People should realise this sort of behaviour is also (from a remain/brexit stand point) bad for the Brexit campaign.

Can we assume that if this is clamped down on the same will apply to those who demand decapitation for non-believers in a certain faith or brand our soldiers as baby killers or extend to disagreeable left-wing mobs mobs haranguing those of different political beliefs?

Two sides of the same coin but all legal protests. It would be wrong to single out just one protestor faction just because a high-profile politician has got upset.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Can we assume that if this is clamped down on the same will apply to those who demand decapitation for non-believers in a certain faith or brand our soldiers as baby killers or extend to disagreeable left-wing mobs mobs haranguing those of different political beliefs?

Two sides of the same coin but all legal protests. It would be wrong to single out just one protestor faction just because a high-profile politician has got upset.
If you have a strong case then you should never need to resort to intimidating people in the street. I don't agree with Anna Soubry trying to reverse Brexit, but shouting nazi at her while shoving iPhones in her face to broadcast it on social media is just plain wrong.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Yes. One law for us, another for them.

Page 13 of 23 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top