Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Re: Who wants to make a bet ???

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Sorry Audrey - Curriculum Vitae ....
I haven't got one of them, it was removed when I was only 7 days old by the local Rabbi!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Think you got the wrong end of yer 'curriculum' there Arfa
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It must be something you are doing wrong at the interviews, you do seem to come across as arrogant with your "too old and over experienced" excuse.
I remember it's almost two years since you said you couldn't get a job because you were "too over qualified", you then went on to tell us that you haven't got any qualifications as such.
When i started working you didn't need qualifications you learnt on your feet and taught by the manufacturers direct at their factories etc. ...hence no formal qualifications I have wealth of experience but now , thanks to financial pressures health and safety regs employers are reluctant to employ anyone who does not have a 'formal' qualifications or to train ..the same goes for having experience ...I used to earn in excess of 24k plus a year ...now if I apply for a 12k a year job the employers will know that you will probably jump ship the moment a better paid job comes up, they don't want someone who they cant rely on ...so they just wont hire you and age discrimination although illegal is rife ..i have seen the figures and also been told that by my employment advisor. also if i don't get a Job after a interview I will CONTACT the company direct and ask the reasons why ..so far the answer is not my interview techniques but there is always someone MORE experienced ...and as for ignorant ..yes i was ignorant , ignorant to the fact that i thought i could get a job easily , well i admit I was wrong on that score it is not easy to get work, and just to put people straight ...I don't get benefits and i do apply for any job i am capable of doing i have only ever turned down 1 offer of work ..and that was 2 days work cleaning urinals at a local showground event..we all have standards....
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:29 PM

I didn't say you was ignorant, I said you may seem arrogant, like you are over qualified for the job, and would be doing them a favour if they employed you.
There must be a reason why you get interviews, and then don't get the job, saying that they found someone with more experience is no excuse, they would have known the other person was more experienced before the interviews, by just looking at their CVs
It can't be because you are too old, otherwise you would not get to the interview stage if they wanted a younger person.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 12:38 AM

Employers have to pick a range of candidates for the selection process..it would look very strange if the picked all 30 year olds ..most big companies hire via agencies who have to record data...i will give you a few examples...i went to a interview ..there were 2 of us ..a youngster prob mid 20's a window cleaner..myself a service engineer..the 2 interviewers made eye contact and directed their eyes and questions to him ...i nearly walked out ....the second one a few weeks ago i walk in in suit and tie certificates and references in hand ..introduce myself ...the interviewer was writing before i sat down .. the 3rd one i was offered the job by the interviewer ..start next week i was told you just what i want ....like hell, when i heard nothing else i contacted them wouldn't even speak to me ..,.a few days later i get a letter from the top boss saying i had not been successful....she hadn't seen me or spoke to me ...all she knew was my age and experience level and that was a cleaning job at 50% of what i used to earn....So i am doing nothing wrong as far as myself and employment advisor are concerned...i just have to keep trying .....i have even offered some companies i would work for a month free so they could see what i could do ..i cant do no more than that ...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top