Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Re: What is your very earliest memory?

Great memories here ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
No! You poor thing! Did you get many pennies?
Yep - what a sight I must have looked, I was 4 or 5, but got lots of pennies for my 'Big Sis' ....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Mine was rather akin to these "Near death " tales.
I remember being warm & wet & being uncomfortably restricted.

THen I saw a bright light , then a swishing sound . Finally a dirty great nurse gave me a wallop on my peachy bum.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Mine was rather akin to these "Near death " tales.
I remember being warm & wet & being uncomfortably restricted.

THen I saw a bright light , then a swishing sound . Finally a dirty great nurse gave me a wallop on my peachy bum.
Priceless .........
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Food for thought!!

PLEASE tell me the "V" word does not give anyone the vapors!!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 04:06 PM

I remember going in hospital, aged 4 to have my tonsils out. I was sick in the bed and was crying and a nurse came and cleaned me up.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 04:07 PM

No idea of my exact age but still baby enough to be in a pram. I have a very vivid recollection of my older sister putting her head in the pram to me, she was wearing a green bonnet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 06:48 PM

Not sure how old I was - probably around 2. Dragon had erected a gate at the top of the stairs of our first floor flat to stop me going down the stairs. I remember swinging on the gate and it gave way and I went head first down the stairs. Didn't touch any of them till a banged into the front door at the bottom of the stairs.

Like others, around 5 years old had to go into hospital to have my tonsils out. Was supposed to be there but around 3 - 4 days. Was actually there 3 weeks because they put the whole ward in quarantine because a kid at other end of the ward had contracted Diptheria.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 06:58 PM

My dad had the habit of stopping at the corner tavern everytime he had to go out and run an errand.. I went with him many times.

I remember the first time my mother sent ME out to do an errand alone... I was about 5 or 6 and she gave me a quarter to go out and get a loaf of bread. I was SOOOO proud of what a big girl I had become.. On the way home I of course had to stop at the tavern. I bellied up to the bar with my dad's cronies and order a Coke.. The Bartender phoned my parents to let them know I was at the bar having a drink.. My coke was added to Dad's tab. lol!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2013, 07:00 PM

My hubs went on an errand for his Mum, when he got to the shop he asked for a 'pound of errands' ..... !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top