Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Re: Idiots

couldn't agree more Aerolor...I was always told the pedestrian had right of way...and as for ...CHILD CREATURE.......
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Pedestrians always have the right of way, you never put another person or creature thing in any danger by not stopping for them.
Who is at fault here Mollie See Here
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Pedestrians have the right of way? What utter b... Baloney!

So you are telling me that people can legally (and morally) walk out into the path of a moving vehicle and that is their right?

I don't think so!!
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:04 PM

pedestrians should look and listen for traffic ...then cross when it is safe to do so...if traffic then wants to turn into that road...the pedestrian has right of way...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am sorry Mollie and I don't wish to offend, but I think it was you who should have waited until she had cleared the road. You were turning right into another road and for that reason I believe the highway code says that you should have given way and not turned right into the road until the road was clear.
I agree..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Pedestrians have the right of way? What utter b... Baloney!

So you are telling me that people can legally (and morally) walk out into the path of a moving vehicle and that is their right?

I don't think so!!
If you see them standing in the road, yes you should let them have the right of way.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:17 PM

I sometimes take my little nephew out in a pram when I go running but I tend not to worry much about cars. They worry more about me bumping in to them . You have to be prepared around where I live.

Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:20 PM

How disgusting to call a child a creature .The fact you're saying you should in reflection got near enough to scare her disgusts me .God forbid I never turn into a crotchety owd bugger like you .
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
If you see them standing in the road, yes you should let them have the right of way.
What happened to look left and right before crossing the road?

Mollie said she was indicating right so if the woman had half a brain cell she'd have realised that the car was going to drive down the road she was crossing.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

24-08-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
What happened to look left and right before crossing the road?

Mollie said she was indicating right so if the woman had half a brain cell she'd have realised that the car was going to drive down the road she was crossing.

There are many occasions when driving you see some pedestrians caught out by speeding motorists, as in the VT I showed.
Only yesterday I was nearly knocked down by a taxi turning a corner at breakneck speed with me in the road crossing, he also cut the corner.
A GOOD driver will always wait for a pedestrian who is stuck in the road.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top