Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 02:41 PM

Re: Saturday Good Morning

Afternoon, all. Just got on the boat to travel back across the Irish Sea after my 3-day 1000 miles (well, 1000 by the time I get home tonight). It's intermittently sunny and 17 degrees here in Pembroke Dock, but feels warmer as it's muggy. My car is full of wine, dog food and coffee, amongst other things, saving me a fortune Oh, and some flower pots from B&Q
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Afternoon, all. Just got on the boat to travel back across the Irish Sea after my 3-day 1000 miles (well, 1000 by the time I get home tonight). It's intermittently sunny and 17 degrees here in Pembroke Dock, but feels warmer as it's muggy. My car is full of wine, dog food and coffee, amongst other things, saving me a fortune Oh, and some flower pots from B&Q
Are you sure you are not my wife?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Are you sure you are not my wife?
Oooooh, yes, I quite fancy the title of Mrs. Old Bugger! But sadly, if I am indeed your wife I have total amnesia for our wedding, dear...

(Must be the wine to blame...)
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 03:44 PM

Afternoon all. Was on the train at 6.30am this morning to collect my Mum at Romford in Essex to take her shopping and lunch, then all the way back home again, it has been pouring of rain all day and still is. Now resting.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Update, we did get an item of post after all today.
Perhaps it isn't every area that is affected, or maybe a strike on either Saturday with some, and Tuesday with others.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Update, we did get an item of post after all today.
Perhaps it isn't every area that is affected, or maybe a strike on either Saturday with some, and Tuesday with others.
I heard it was just the main post offices, not the Royal Mail post...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I heard it was just the main post offices, not the Royal Mail post...
That is a relief Alan. Hopefully my letters will be delivered on Monday as I hoped.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 04:10 PM

That is a relief Alan. Hopefully my letters will be delivered on Monday as I hoped.

No Jim matey, have you forgotten - Monday is a Bank Holiday - no post on Bank Holidays.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

24-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Jim matey, have you forgotten - Monday is a Bank Holiday - no post on Bank Holidays.
Oh, is it? I hadn't heard that, or if I did I've forgotten... The letters are being posted within Scotland so if the bank holiday is just in England then everything should be OK.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

24-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Oh, is it? I hadn't heard that, or if I did I've forgotten... The letters are being posted within Scotland so if the bank holiday is just in England then everything should be OK.
Relax, it is only a holiday in England and Wales.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top