Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Neighbours from hell!

These lot have just been evicted from Mountain Ash, which ain't that far from me really. Hope to hell they don't appear in my neighbourhood anytime soon .

Thought such people as this had been tamed by now - apparently not .

Mountain Ash abusive neighbours evicted after 97 incidents
(BBC News link - safe)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Re: Neighbours from hell!

What I don't understand is why these things are allowed to go on for years before anyone finally does something about it. Why can't we get justice on second or third incident why take 97 and years of abuse before they act ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What I don't understand is why these things are allowed to go on for years before anyone finally does something about it. Why can't we get justice on second or third incident why take 97 and years of abuse before they act ?
Yes, absolutely Julie - ridiculous.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:50 PM

It's very sad to hear that people have to be submitted to this kind of behaviour from what can only be described as sub-humans, or feral creatures.

Animals don't act like this, so it's very disturbing to think that such creatures will beget their own kind and allow this kind of existence to ruin the lives of others, by being so objectionable. There must be something genetically dysfunctional about them.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 08:02 AM

Trouble is when you and your neighbours own their homes, what do you do then if you have a bad neighbour?
This is happening to a friend of mine, she is going to sell up and move, but as I explained to her we can't buy neighbours.
Now she tells me you have to state in your house sale, what sort of neighbours you have, and if you don't get on, you have to say why.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Trouble is when you and your neighbours own their homes, what do you do then if you have a bad neighbour?
This is happening to a friend of mine, she is going to sell up and move, but as I explained to her we can't buy neighbours.
Now she tells me you have to state in your house sale, what sort of neighbours you have, and if you don't get on, you have to say why.
BIB: yes, that can be a huge problem. Where I lived in Bournville, you can buy your house but not the land it sits on and that was often used to 'encourage' troublesome homeowners to move and I'm sure they would have gone much further if they had to, to keep the reputation of Bournville intact (the over-inflated house prices tend to help a lot too).

With tenants, I don't understand why estates can't be built and put all these troublesome and aggressive neighbours on one estate and just leave them to get on with it to annoy and threaten each other; see how they like it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
With tenants, I don't understand why estates can't be built and put all these troublesome and aggressive neighbours on one estate and just leave them to get on with it to annoy and threaten each other; see how they like it.
I couldn't agree more! Why oh why do we need social housing blocks integrated with blocks where people actually go out to work to afford their homes? Yes, put them ALL on a separate estate. Let them get a taste of their own medicine.

Last night I began recording the noise from above for the council. Visitors arrived at 7.30. I had various bumps and bangs all evening, then I fell asleep after a short read and woke up at 1.50. Then, all of them above woke up. It seems they had an army staying because the toilet just kept on flushing! I didn't hear the visitors leave incidentally.

I kept on recording every bang, rumble, clatter, fidget etc right up until 2.54am.

The landlady, E, texted the other day in response to mine, when I said the satellite dish was still up. The housing association had given them a 'reasonable amount of time to oversee its removal'. She said 'P is in discussion with housing association and tenant, will let you know about a decision'.

I sent her a text just after I 'came to' at 9.30 this morning, telling her about last night. She is darned lucky I didn't send that text at 2.54am, my last noise record entry!! Why should they sleep soundly while I am not allowed to?

In latest news, a chap has been warned from the council about his parrot being noisy. Yet nobody seems to take very seriously the impact these above are having on me. What a twisted society we live in.

All I ever wanted was the ability to go to bed, knowing I can sleep without never ending activity, slamming windows shut, opening windows, shutting windows, constant toilet flushing, doors banging, something rumbling, clattering in the kitchen, clattering in the bathroom, shower running in the early hours, someone running down the stairs, slamming the front door.

I JUST DON'T WANT THEM HERE! I WANT THEM TO GO! And so does next door, but I got annoyed with her the other day. I asked her if she'd done anything about complaining, and she said no. So I said I'm getting pissed off with doing all the work while others don't bother yet may benefit, it's getting exhausting. She just nodded and 'mmmmmm'd.

I had the opportunity to view a flat with the housing association I'm registered with, to rent. But had to turn it down as I keep forgetting I have multiple hospital appointments in the coming months, and surgery in January. If I didn't have those commitments, I'd move out tomorrow.

Darn...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Jazzi, if the police can't do anything and your landlady seems not to be hurrying herself, then stop texting her and start ringing her at 2.40am or whatever time and disturb her sleep. If you know where she lives (and she's stopped answering the phone at 2.40am), go round there. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:54 AM

Not called the police, not sure they could be of any help. I don't know if she has her phone switched on. And don't know her address.

But don't worry, I will keep nipping at her heels. And those of the housing association. And maybe the letting agency (though they don't manage them). And the council's.

When I asked her next door if she'd spoken to E she replied no, it keeps going to voicemail. See? She's clever! And next door had withheld her number. She recognises mine which is why I never get an answer, either. She's always buried her head in the sand and she seems to be doing it again.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Not called the police, not sure they could be of any help. I don't know if she has her phone switched on. And don't know her address.

But don't worry, I will keep nipping at her heels. And those of the housing association. And maybe the letting agency (though they don't manage them). And the council's.

When I asked her next door if she'd spoken to E she replied no, it keeps going to voicemail. See? She's clever! And next door had withheld her number. She recognises mine which is why I never get an answer, either. She's always buried her head in the sand and she seems to be doing it again.
Isn't there a 'Body' that landlords have to belong to? Can you have a word with them? Unless you're confident about standing up to your neighbours that isn't really an option. It is a shame to say it but I do think that maybe moving will be your only option. Such a shame that people like that are seldom inconvenienced but, should you be able to find another flat, you can console yourself that you are out of it and your unsupportive neighbours still have to put up with it!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top