Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 01:47 AM

Re: Allocated car space.

You are right or else there would be one less old witch in this village .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The side bollard won't be in the middle,it will be nearer the front.in the past,I have had a concrete block there.
Hope it works out. When are you having it installed?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hope it works out. When are you having it installed?

The information I received over the phone yesterday was,..it guaranteed for a year,if anyone tries to really ram it,they will never be able to get it down plus they would damage their car,it would also be classed as criminal damage,..the lady that parks at the side of me is a trouble maker,..when they first moved her,they were doing their garden,they dug a border ,mowed the lawn,rather than take it to the tip,..they put it in a massive pile,up against my neighbours/friend fence,he asked them to move it,after two weeks it was still there,as you know soil and grass next to a fence,eventually will rot it,...so my friend took the fence panel down,they then moved it,.being.installed on the Tuesday 14-5-2019.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Just had a phone call,they will be installing on the 14-5-2019,,Art everyone has problems,the woman on the phone said,they are so busy,because so many have the same problem as me!

After a hard day at work,we all want to be able to come home and park in our own car space,..on our land.
Pauline, l see you were having the bollard installed yesterday. I hope it all went well and your parking problem is now over.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Hi Art,thank you!.

Yes,I had it installed on Tuesday ,14.5.19.

No parking over that line any more,and they are very careful parking up as well,

And here it is,..you would not believe how heavy it is also,when lowering into the ground.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	9588  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:17 AM

Hi Art,thank you!.

No parking over that line any more,and they are very careful parking up as well,

And here it is,..you would not believe how heavy it is also,when lowering into the ground.
Mind you dont get your fingers caught Pauline, could be
painful?

Regards Donkeyman!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Hi Art,thank you!.

Hi Pauline, Thank You, for your reply.
That post looks very substantial and not to be messed with!
It might have cost you but if it gives you peace of mind, then it was well worth it.
I bet it’s wiped the smirk off your neighbour’s face!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:01 AM

The only thing is that depending on the nature of the person who habitually parked badly you might be facing some form of "revenge". There are some really nasty SOB's around.

You might even be faced with someone claiming to have been injured by accidentally walking into the thing.

Might even be spending a few quid taking legal advice on any possible exposures and if there is anything you should do in order to cover yourself.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-05-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The only thing is that depending on the nature of the person who habitually parked badly you might be facing some form of "revenge". There are some really nasty SOB's around.

You might even be faced with someone claiming to have been injured by accidentally walking into the thing.

Might even be spending a few quid taking legal advice on any possible exposures and if there is anything you should do in order to cover yourself.

It's on my land,so why would I?

They could also walk into my car?
Not sure what you mean?
What about other bollards,dotted around everywhere ?

They shouldn't be on my land?

As for legal advice,what about what you have done with those spike things,you could cause an accident or even death?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:59 PM

It's on my land,so why would I?

They could also walk into my car?
Not sure what you mean?
What about other bollards,dotted around everywhere ?

They shouldn't be on my land?

As for legal advice,what about what you have done with those spike things,you could cause an accident or even death?
The fact that it is on your land is immaterial. If someone injures themselves because of something that you have installed the onus would be on you to prove that you had taken due care to at least have minimised any risk. IMO it's worth just making sure that your not exposed.

Other bollards? Sorry but a whataboutery defence is no defence and in this case nor would a state of the art defence.

As for the use of caltrops, you would hardly leave any evidence that it was you that had placed them whereas that bollard is just a tad obvious.

As a matter of interest you mention it being on your land. IS on YOUR land or is it a shared area, part of which is allocated for your use?

Taking any unilateral self help as you have done in cases such as this is a thing that carries a shed load of risks.

Best seek legal advice sooner rather than later.

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top