Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: What Have Nestlé Done To Dairy Box’ Chocolates?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dairy Box are my favourite chocolates, l like everyone of them!
Well, that was before Nestlé brought out a ‘New’ Assortment recently and they are horrible!

They have taken out the nice ones and replaced them with...

‘Rose Bliss’, that tastes weird!
‘Raspberry Kiss’, that tastes of chocolate covered Dolly Mixtures!
‘Caramel Heart’ that tastes like chocolate covered Turkish Delight!
‘Cookie and Creme Sundae, another weird one!
‘Orange Supreme’ that’s okish!

I looked online and lots are saying the same and saying they won’t buy Dairy Box again.

Why can’t manufacturers leave products as they are and not keep changing everything?
in 2007, production of Black Magic transferred to Zora in the Czech Republic and that of Dairy Box moved to La Penilla in Spain, and in 2010 American food giant Kraft Foods took over Cadbury in a controversial £11 billion deal. By 2012, large numbers of complaints were being made about the composition, taste and quality. It seems that those complaints have now been swelled by a new wave of concerns.

I guess Kraft are just not bothered about "traditional" customers and have designed a bland "global" product .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
in 2007, production of Black Magic transferred to Zora in the Czech Republic and that of Dairy Box moved to La Penilla in Spain, and in 2010 American food giant Kraft Foods took over Cadbury in a controversial £11 billion deal. By 2012, large numbers of complaints were being made about the composition, taste and quality. It seems that those complaints have now been swelled by a new wave of concerns.

I guess Kraft are just not bothered about "traditional" customers and have designed a bland "global" product .....
Omah, l didn’t know that Dairy Box chocolates are made in Spain. I have just looked at the box and you’re right!
I think, l was naive to think they were still made in York as they were, when they were Rowntree’s!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Hope the Coffee Crisp link works. You in the UK may be able to get them through Amazon.

At Halloween time here they package the bars up as mini bars and call them Coffin Crisp.

https://www.madewithnestle.ca/coffee...coffee-crisp-0
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:44 PM

Didn't know they still made Dairy Box, thought that disappeared yonks ago. Used to prefer Black Magic and Milk Tray way back when, too dear now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Didn't know they still made Dairy Box, thought that disappeared yonks ago. Used to prefer Black Magic and Milk Tray way back when, too dear now.
Judd, At Christmas, many of the boxes of chocolates are half price, in some supermarkets.

The 360g size Dairy Box were £3 at Christmas.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Hope the Coffee Crisp link works. You in the UK may be able to get them through Amazon.

At Halloween time here they package the bars up as mini bars and call them Coffin Crisp.

https://www.madewithnestle.ca/coffee...coffee-crisp-0
The link worked fine Adanac thank you, found them on Amazon and EBay but coming from Canada the postage is considerably more than the cost of the bar!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:55 PM

I was given some at Christmas and also though how awful they are now. Not only have the flavours changed but the chocolate has become thicker, harder to bite into and cheap tasting. I won't be eating them anymore.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 10:39 PM

Ive also got a box here, given to me at Christmas

I think I shall regift them
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 11:04 PM

I used to love Black Magic, but many of my favourites there disappeared. Yes, also liked DB too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I used to love Black Magic, but many of my favourites there disappeared. Yes, also liked DB too.

Black magic were my favourite too Jazzi and then I got a shock. I couldn't believe what they'd done to them - they were awful.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top