Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 08:08 PM

Re: Watches madness

Here are the watches in question - I bet I could visit a jeweller tomorrow and he would say that they are all in fine condition. They range from the cheap to the quite expensive.

The Casio - the one that still works properly (at least for today)

So these are the offending watches: the automatics run down and stop anyway and the batteries are good on the other 3. I just don't know what do do about it, hoping it's not a case of early alzheimers or it could be related to my cancer. Anyway, the 4 expensive ones all going to charity when the time comes. I chose the Teenage Cancer Trust because the Who have done so much to raise awareness of this charity.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's a nice old Casio - is it radio-controlled?
Absolutely, so I always wear my Realist Approved tin foil beanie whenever it is on my wrist (which is always). I would feel naked without it.

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:27 PM

All my watches are fine today - but I think my fever has broken as I'm not getting nightmares or illusions anymore.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:30 PM

All my watches are fine today - but I think my fever has broken as I'm not getting nightmares or illusions anymore.
That's good news Ffosse, hopefully you will notice a gradual improvement in your health now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-12-2018, 04:29 PM

Yes, I'm feeling fine today, just very tired. I always go to bed where a podcast lulls me to sleep so it's fair to say I'm always asleep by 9pm. Sometimes I awaken during the night but manage to get back to sleep.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Yes, I'm feeling fine today, just very tired. I always go to bed where a podcast lulls me to sleep so it's fair to say I'm always asleep by 9pm. Sometimes I awaken during the night but manage to get back to sleep.
Fingers crossed for you this will lead to better times.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Mr M has. Breitling -I bought it for him 20 years ago.
Blooming thing often is wrong and Mr M shakes it to keep it going .
It also is serviced every couple of years at an apalling cost .
We could have bought loads of swatches for the price !
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:52 PM

Do you think that might be an answer to prayer Richard?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:21 AM

Ffosse,don't worry,bro.
From your detailed description,it appears you had a temporary bout of 'chronostasis',which is a temporary disconnection between visualised actuality and perception of same. It's a LOT more common than you may think,but it disappears from the system if rest [and particularly sleep] is administered.
Usually,chronostasis occurs when a person is worried about a particular issue.
Stop worrying,bro,worrying changes nothing...it really IS a pretty common thing. You have NO brain damage,NO loss of perception,NO illness beneath the skin...it's merely you worrying over something. My friend had this happen and was REALLY worried. However,it was explained to him that 'saccadus complexity' was the cause and that 'snoring happily' for a few hours,plus either hot chocolate or a mug of Bovril,would sort it. He too,was extremely worried-but he followed the advice-and hey,presto,all was well. I drove him to that doctor's examination,so I know how well he responded to merely sleeping,drinking hot chocolate [it's a soothing drink for the human neuronic system] and just 'chilling'.

Best of luck,bro....but don't worry. It's actually not uncommon.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:47 AM

Talking of watches. These are couple of relics from the time when Britain had a manufacturing sector. The one on the right was from when I was at school, on the left is one my first wife gave me. No batteries in these, they have to be wound every day.

I never liked a wristwatch so I had a pocket watch. It was only in about 1980 that I started to wear a wrist watch when a power station I worked in had absolutely no clocks anywhere and I nearly missed a shift change (that sort of thing only happens once).

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010282.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	8306  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top