Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 11:07 PM

Re: Lessons your mother never taught you .

This would have been easier if the question were what lessons did your mother teach you.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:21 AM

My darling mum died to soon by the time I was in my twenties she had left me ... she never got to tell me what to do about theses wrinkles!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
My darling mum died to soon by the time I was in my twenties she had left me ... she never got to tell me what to do about theses wrinkles!

Fill 'em in with 'make up' - that's what its for !!!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You should have rolled over .
Rolling over would have put me straight in the deep end Muddy.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh yeah, when we (my Sisters and I) were children, and had to lay the table for meals, after the table cloth and before any place settings or cutlery or condiments were set, we placed an empty milk bottle on the table in which stood a bamboo cane. If we misbehaved at the table we got a rap across the knuckles with the cane from either George or Dragon.
We three girls had to rotate seats every day around the table so every third day you got your turn in front of dad. If you did the slightest thing wrong in his eye, he would just crack you over the top of your head with his knife handle

Believe me, it hurt like blazes
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 11:06 AM

Actually I cant remember mum or dad teaching us anything, other then not to grow up to be like them ( which thankfully we haven't done )

My nan taught us all how to tell the time and our ABC, which thinking back was a pretty amazing achievement seeing as she was Downs Syndrome and could barely read or right herself. She also taught us about sharing and how to drink tea out of a saucer She also taught us how to make beds with hospital corners. I loved my nan

Aunt Pat taught us manners, how to care for our nails and hair, to always drink tea from a china cup, how to knit and crochet, make rag rugs, and how to play rummy, poker and crib She also taught us the value of money and how to make a penny do the work of a pound , thrift was her middle name.

Both wonderful ladies who I still think of very much with love
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
We three girls had to rotate seats every day around the table so every third day you got your turn in front of dad. If you did the slightest thing wrong in his eye, he would just crack you over the top of your head with his knife handle

Believe me, it hurt like blazes

We used to have a sadistic teacher at senior school. He used to walk around the class and dictate his lesson. Whilst walking he had three old pennies in between his knuckles which, if he thought you weren't paying attention he'd come up behind you and rap on the top of your head - sometimes it would draw blood too.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top