Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:21 AM

Goodbye Horrible Year

Glad to see the back of it to be honest !
Hope that 2019 will be better for everyone .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Re: Goodbye Horrible Year

For you personally or for the world in general, Muddy?
Was there nothing positive at all about 2018 at all?
We all have bad times but surely you didn't hate everything?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Can't think of anything positive really .
Had one good week .
That's all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:52 AM

My year has been mixed. The worse things were:
Work has been dragging me down more and more. In late 2019 I will be able to begin searching for something new and hopefully, more interesting. No point doing that just yet though.
My wife's hysterectomy and subsequent battle with stomach cancer. Luckily she got through it with radiotherapy but she still has some issues which will always remain.
My younger stepdaughter's divorce and all the hell that went with it. Not good for the grandkids. Her health has suffered terribly. Now she has a new man (and extra 5-y.o.) and things should be happier.

On the positive front:
I'm healthier, fitter and slightly happier than I was this time last year.
I have some good friends and have had two pleasant holidays. Seen some good bands too.

Looking forward:
2019 to be honest is pretty sketchy for me. It looks like being a rather tentative year for the family, hopefully they will all sort out their respective issues in life. My wife has various problems too, but she puts a brave face on it. I'm there for support to them all.
Myself, I'll simply carry on as normal. take what comes and deal with it, good or bad.

Have a nice year all
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-12-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Can't think of anything positive really .
Had one good week .
That's all.
You do seem to tilt more to the 'dour' side of personality, Muddy. Do you think this is why you think negative thoughts often?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:53 AM

I had a good year but it was spoiled just in the last few days
with a personal problem....nothing I can do about it though so no point in being miserable...easier said than done I know... here's hoping for a better year for you Muddy and for us all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2018, 09:56 AM

I am a miserable so and so today Floydy .
Got to buck up ( **** up more like )

Will start again next year with the positive thinking

Happy New Year to you and yours
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I had a good year but it was spoiled just in the last few days
with a personal problem....nothing I can do about it though so no point in being miserable...easier said than done I know... here's hoping for a better year for you Muddy and for us all.

Thank you Happy New Year to you too
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:58 AM

2018 for me has all been about injuries and illness.

I had a tooth out at the beginning of the year and was in a heck of a lot of pain for about a month, it got so bad I started having anxiety issues and ended up on Beta Blockers.

Then the dog pulled me over which left me with a severe chest wall injury, the doctor I saw at the hospital said it was what they'd expect to see if someone had been hit by a car. That took 6 weeks to heal, I had to bend double just to cough, and I HAD to keep coughing to keep my lungs clear as a chest infection on top of the injury would have seen me off I think.

Ever since that injury my back is considerably weaker than it was and the slightest thing upsets it. So I've had bouts of being unable to move properly after, for example, banging a few nails into the top of the fence.

I've pulled the ligaments and tendons in my right foot twice leaving me unable to walk any distance (temporarily).

I got stung 8 times when I disturbed a wasp's nest

I got diagnosed with COPD (had it for years though, this was just an official diagnosis).

What else....oh yes, whilst constructing a Hedgehog house I drilled through the middle finger of my left hand Straight down the side of the nail and out the top.

And finally, Christmas was (and always is) a trial which saw me back on Beta Blockers again.

So I also hope 2019 is better!

Happy New Year everyone!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am a miserable so and so today Floydy .
Got to buck up ( **** up more like )

Will start again next year with the positive thinking

Happy New Year to you and yours
Thank you Muddy, you too. Enjoy what you can of it and I'll do the same

Maybe take some time off from here for a while, especially those threads which get you down too much. Those people just aren't worth the time spent on arguing. Unsubscribe!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top