Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:00 AM

Re: Goodbye Horrible Year

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
2018 for me has all been about injuries and illness.

I had a tooth out at the beginning of the year and was in a heck of a lot of pain for about a month, it got so bad I started having anxiety issues and ended up on Beta Blockers.

Then the dog pulled me over which left me with a severe chest wall injury, the doctor I saw at the hospital said it was what they'd expect to see if someone had been hit by a car. That took 6 weeks to heal, I had to bend double just to cough, and I HAD to keep coughing to keep my lungs clear as a chest infection on top of the injury would have seen me off I think.

Ever since that injury my back is considerably weaker than it was and the slightest thing upsets it. So I've had bouts of being unable to move properly after, for example, banging a few nails into the top of the fence.

I've pulled the ligaments and tendons in my right foot twice leaving me unable to walk any distance (temporarily).

I got stung 8 times when I disturbed a wasp's nest

I got diagnosed with COPD (had it for years though, this was just an official diagnosis).

What else....oh yes, whilst constructing a Hedgehog house I drilled through the middle finger of my left hand Straight down the side of the nail and out the top.

And finally, Christmas was (and always is) a trial which saw me back on Beta Blockers again.

So I also hope 2019 is better!

ARGHHHH!
I hope 2019 is better for you too Nichol
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thank you Muddy, you too. Enjoy what you can of it and I'll do the same

Maybe take some time off from here for a while, especially those threads which get you down too much. Those people just aren't worth the time spent on arguing. Unsubscribe!
Good advice
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:07 AM

Wishing those of You who had worries/problems this year,a better one in 2019...Mine was fine as Family are all well as am I..it was an especially good year as I became a Great Granny to a wee Boy in May....Happy New Year to all of You.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good advice
Yes...but don't take it Muddy I would miss you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:11 AM

I can't say 2018 has been a bad year, it could have been better health wise but I can still get out of bed every morning and I am grateful for that .

The family are all well and happy and that is the most important thing.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:11 AM

I'll wade in.
A few health issues but that kinda goes with the territory as one ages.
On the positive side, I have a wonderful wife, brilliant food, a roof over our heads, and a big hairy beast who walks me several times a day.

So, not all bad.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Annus horribilis

Nah not really.

Good times, bad times, you know I had my share.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Just read my own post.....yes, 2018 wasn't the best but there are people a damn sight worse off than me

People on this forum who are fighting awful diseases, Mrs Floydy.....what can I say, life is shit sometimes.

In my real life, my brother in law, 63 and has end stage mesothelioma (asbestosis) and isn't expected to live more than a few weeks.

My friend's daughter in law, 38, been given 6 months to live due to metastatic bowel cancer.....

My year has been bad for me but I'm luckier than a lot of people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Had a pretty awful start to the year, then it got steadily worse for a while, but ended up with new job for my husband and that's cured his depression more than any tablets or counselling did. So I am going to chose to remember the good end and try and forget the bad bits. So happy new year thoughts to everyone from those of us looking up finally.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes...but don't take it Muddy I would miss you

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top