Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Re: Am I being over sensitive?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Don't fret Nicol, you stated that it was becoming inconvenient for, so look at it as a blessing. You can now walk when you want, just wave if you see them.
Spot on post!!! Id do this too
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:32 PM

I think it was very considerate of you, Nicol, for your initial offer, but you are now being taken advantage of.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Just back of gradually, start by making her scoop her own dogs poop.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanks for your replies folks.

Not just me then.

Sometimes I get annoyed at stupid stuff and I find it hard to judge if I should be peeved or not but it seems all of you feel the same.

As has been suggested, from tomorrow I'll be going out when I'm ready, if I see her I see her, if not....hopefully somebody else will pick her up if she falls!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:55 PM

Isn't this a case of being "the bigger man"?

Otherwise you would come across as being peevish (to yourself as well as others).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

Not just me then.

Sometimes I get annoyed at stupid stuff and I find it hard to judge if I should be peeved or not but it seems all of you feel the same.

As has been suggested, from tomorrow I'll be going out when I'm ready, if I see her I see her, if not....hopefully somebody else will pick her up if she falls!
Glad to hear it, it's really up to her to keep her self safe anyway. If she carries a phone she will be able to get help.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

Not just me then.

I'm reminded of all those people who pride themselves on holding doors for people but if one doesn't thank them, their heads almost explode with anger and bitterness.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Don't fret Nicol, you stated that it was becoming inconvenient for, so look at it as a blessing. You can now walk when you want, just wave if you see them.
If I were mature, this would be my answer also but I’m not so I’d be a bit pissed off.

I’m the kind of person who volunteers stuff like this all the time and often get taken advantage of.

If that area isn’t safe enough for her, the woman could walk elsewhere. That was be th easiest answer for all concerned.

Your heart was in the right place but just wasn’t appreciated so I don’t blame you for feeling disappointed
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:06 AM

No you’re quite right to feel hurt no one likes to be taken for granted .

I wouldn’t make any further effort to accompany her in fact I would change my walk time slightly to avoid further her ... at least for awhile.
I think a would probably get over after a day or too and walk round with her again if I spotted her but I wouldn’t put myself out to do so in future.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I'm reminded of all those people who pride themselves on holding doors for people but if one doesn't thank them, their heads almost explode with anger and bitterness.
It didn't seem like that to me at all, nicol has put herself out considerably to try and help this lady enjoy her life and keep safe. Even when it wasn't convenient she carried on. If she just accepts this behavior and carries on she may as well have welcome printed on her back so people can wipe their feet on her as she lays down. Comes a point people are taking advantage and this point IMO has been reached.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top