Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:22 AM

Re: Am I being over sensitive?

The phrase 'No good deed goes unpunished' is a sardonic commentary on the frequency with which acts of kindness backfire on those who offer them. In other words, those who help others are doomed to suffer as a result of their being helpful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:32 AM

It is a sad fact that, where you offer help it often becomes an expected routine & you feel guilty when you can no longer give that help....ie you are taken for granted!

Don't be upset Nicol just explain, when you next see her, that you now need to walk at different times to her, but you hope you will see her some of the time. If she tries to put you under pressure to look after her, just say " Sorry I have to meet my own commitments, perhaps your other friend could help"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 11:05 AM

As the Chinese proverb goes

Why do you hate me ?
I have never done you a favour .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 12:21 PM

She treated you as though you were of no consequence and that was a big mistake!
It seems to me you were well & truly used.

Go back to the times that suit you. If you see her chat in a friendly manner but don't go back to how you were. If she voices her fears just tell her to make sure she carries a mobile phone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I'm reminded of all those people who pride themselves on holding doors for people but if one doesn't thank them, their heads almost explode with anger and bitterness.
Baldocks of course they don't they just feel mild annoyance at bad manners .

I say excuse me I'm not the doorman !
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
The phrase 'No good deed goes unpunished' is a sardonic commentary on the frequency with which acts of kindness backfire on those who offer them. In other words, those who help others are doomed to suffer as a result of their being helpful.
This was the phrase that I wanted to use but couldn’t quite remember it.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Exactly. Sometimes you are best off leaving others alone.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Agreed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Well said Muddy.

The door thing happens nearly every time I go out, but I don't intend to spend my life "exploding with anger and bitterness" like Gravy suggested.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:55 AM

If someone doesn't say 'thanks' when I hold the door for them, I assume that they have a lot on their mind, if someone cuts me off in traffic I assume that they made a genuine mistake and didn't do it on purpose just to annoy me.
Then I carry on and forget about it. My blood pressure is already too high, no point in making it worse.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Very pertinent Ploppy, sometimes you just have to tell folks to "Hop It".

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top