Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: Am I being over sensitive?

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
If someone doesn't say 'thanks' when I hold the door for them, I assume that they have a lot on their mind, if someone cuts me off in traffic I assume that they made a genuine mistake and didn't do it on purpose just to annoy me.
Then I carry on and forget about it. My blood pressure is already too high, no point in making it worse.
Me too I am no angel I am sure I do things annoy others I always hope not driving them to froth at the mouth because I just wasn't aware I was doing something.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 04:11 PM

it seems - she isnt bothered about who she walks with as long as its someone not just a certain person - makes u feel like your being used -so just tell her in kindly manner u have a lot on at the moment but if I see u there ile walk back with you anytime ...
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It didn't seem like that to me at all, nicol has put herself out considerably to try and help this lady enjoy her life and keep safe. Even when it wasn't convenient she carried on. If she just accepts this behavior and carries on she may as well have welcome printed on her back so people can wipe their feet on her as she lays down. Comes a point people are taking advantage and this point IMO has been reached.
You make it sound like she has been betrayed.

The old dear just wanted to catch up with someone she hadn't seen for a while.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:49 PM

I've reverted to times that suit me, I told her this would be happening and she has adjusted her time so she's a bit earlier now.

I was never really cross about it, more sad and disappointed that my lack of faith in human nature had been reaffirmed
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I would be hacked off good style, and tomorrow I would go back to my own routine with no feelings of guilt at all. If she says anything when she next sees you then tell her how you feel and to hell with her feelings. Sorry if that sounds cruel but she's playing you, dropping you when someone else came along, I'd refuse to be picked up again just because it suits herself.
People really hate being forced to listen to others' health problems, I'm used to this by now but now and again a neighbour is genuinely interested so I go into a bit more detail.

And I'm fascinated by other peoples' health conditions. In hospital, waiting around, people are only too glad to talk of their illnesses. There isn't often much else to talk about.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top