Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:13 PM

What has been good for you this year?

I have travelled a lot.
That was brilliant.
I learnt how to post pics from my phone with the help of a member here.

What about you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:15 PM

Re: What has been good for you this year?

Not wishing to sound miserable but I cannot think of anything off hand. Something might come to me later though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not wishing to sound miserable but I cannot think of anything off hand. Something might come to me later though.
New leggings????
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
New leggings????
Oooooh!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

31-12-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oooooh!
I forgot what I posted for you on the virtual gifts thread.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:36 PM

I'm still on the green side of the grass!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

31-12-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I'm still on the green side of the grass!
That's good Tabby. x
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

31-12-2018, 05:03 PM

1. DH & I are still on the right side of the dirt with our wits about us -- well -- wits about us is by whose definition but we aren't any less "witted" than we were fifty years ago

2. DH's prostate cancer appears to have been caught in plenty of time. He is half way thru his 25 treatments and still a hypertensive Type A jackass, lollol.

I am allowed to call him a Jackass, the cancer is not.

3. I am still walking with nothing more than a cane & back brace, still mucking my own own stalls, and spending a few hours daily with my remaining two horses. One of which is my avatar -- hard to imagine he was close to death six years ago.

I am not supposed to be walking -- I wasn't supposed to be walking ten years ago but the doctors and therapists don't know who they are dealing with

4. I am grateful we had the means to pay for a new HVAC system since the original one gave out at fifteen years. Where I live, basements are not common so HVAC units are built to sit outside on a cement slab and be exposed to all sorts of inclement weather.

5. In my personal world, 2018 was not really anything to complain about. In the larger fishbowl scheme of things, there was a lot to complain about -- Trump is the president of this great U.S.A. ------ 'nuff said ---
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

31-12-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frieda ->
1. DH & I are still on the right side of the dirt with our wits about us -- well -- wits about us is by whose definition but we aren't any less "witted" than we were fifty years ago

2. DH's prostate cancer appears to have been caught in plenty of time. He is half way thru his 25 treatments and still a hypertensive Type A jackass, lollol.

I am allowed to call him a Jackass, the cancer is not.

3. I am still walking with nothing more than a cane & back brace, still mucking my own own stalls, and spending a few hours daily with my remaining two horses.

I am not supposed to be walking -- I wasn't supposed to be walking ten years ago but the doctors and therapists don't know who they are dealing with

4. I am grateful we had the means to pay for a new HVAC system since the original one gave out at fifteen years. Where I live, basements are not common so HVAC units are built to sit outside on a cement slab and be exposed to all sorts of inclement weather.

5. In my personal world, 2018 was not really anything to complain about. In the larger fishbowl scheme of things, there was a lot to complain about -- Trump is the president of this great U.S.A. ------ 'nuff said ---
One brave and lovely lady. xxxx
I truly hope the coming New Year is good for you both.
You bring inspiration, Frieda. xxx
I think you might be stuck with Trump though.
Happy New year to you.
Sweetie x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:19 PM

Daughter doing well at school, very well indeed at school. Husband had a rocky time but new job is going well, so he's happy again.
Lost one dog got another so mixed feelings dog wise. Eldest dog got clean bill of health cancer wise again so that's good.
I got clean bill of health cancer wise recently too.

Horrible neighbour moved away someone in Cornwall is suffering them now, sorry to who ever has them. But it's been a nice break for us.

Managed to save enough to pay for caravan next year so holibobs are safe another year, really looking forward to Easter weekend big festival walking distance from our van.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top