Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Are you thick skinned?

Do you feel you are pretty thick skinned or do you feel upset by criticism?

Do you get annoyed easily? Are you always checking everything people say to see if something upsets you?

I once heard someone say (after being told to get off the internet and come to bed). Not right now honey, somebody is WRONG on the internet.

Thick Skinned:

If someone has a thick skin, they are not easily upset or offended by criticism. To survive in politics, you need a thick skin. As a salesperson, you have to have a thick skin to deal with all the rejection.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:07 PM

Re: Are you thick skinned?

Me, tough on the outside but soft on the inside
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Depends on the cirucmstances Blue.

If it was a stranger being rude for some reason, I doubt very much if it would hurt me.

It could hurt me deeply if it was someone I cared a lot for though.

So it would depend on who it was, what was said, and whether I asked for it or not.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:24 PM

I've learned over the years to adopt a thicker skin since joining this Forum
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've learned over the years to adopt a thicker skin since joining this Forum
Ditto!!! lol.....Ive given up being thin skinned and sensitive,its a crock of shite. If something needs saying then say it
I wouldnt dream of critiscising someone else ,its their problem to a certain extent if they try to analyse everything anyone says or doesnt say ...often its whats not said that gives them away.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:32 PM

I am thin skinned .
I wish I wasn't .
But as Mups says it depends who is being rude .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:34 PM

I.m a sensitive soul, I wish I had a thicker skin but it is part and parcel of who I am, I have been the same from childhood. I can hide it better as an adult but I never understand why people would go out to hurt someone purposely.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Me, tough on the outside but soft on the inside
Me too Leia
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

31-12-2018, 06:47 PM

I am very thin skinned. I try to look "strong", but I am not. My feelings get hurt easily, then I "rant and rave" for a while.....hahahaha, but I don't mean half of what I say.....

I can tell when someone doesn't particularly like me, and that is ok, we can't like everyone, but nobody needs to be rude......it is just too bad that some people find it necessary to run here and there posting little comments because someone is annoying them. I would hate to end 2019, with hate in my heart....

I respect a lot of people on this forum, who have been here a while and always seem to "show up" when I am having a bad day. They help me through it, always...

I guess it takes a long time to develop thick skin....I don't think I can do it.....

Thanks for your replies everyone......

Happy, Healthy, Thick Skinned New Year everyone....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

31-12-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

It could hurt me deeply if it was someone I cared a lot for though.
Someone once said to me "they can't hurt you unless you like them" This is what you are saying also and I agree.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top