Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Re: Are you thick skinned?

Originally Posted by May ->
I've learned over the years to adopt a thicker skin since joining this Forum
Ditto May, I am trying very hard too......but sometimes the little trolls push my buttons. Not to mention names, but they must be a cartoon character because trolls look funny.....anybody got a picture of a troll, under the bridge?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Depends on the cirucmstances Blue.

If it was a stranger being rude for some reason, I doubt very much if it would hurt me.

It could hurt me deeply if it was someone I cared a lot for though.

So it would depend on who it was, what was said, and whether I asked for it or not.
Exactly how I feel.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am very thin skinned. I try to look "strong", but I am not. My feelings get hurt easily, then I "rant and rave" for a while.....hahahaha, but I don't mean half of what I say.....

I can tell when someone doesn't particularly like me, and that is ok, we can't like everyone, but nobody needs to be rude......it is just too bad that some people find it necessary to run here and there posting little comments because someone is annoying them. I would hate to end 2019, with hate in my heart....

I respect a lot of people on this forum, who have been here a while and always seem to "show up" when I am having a bad day. They help me through it, always...

I guess it takes a long time to develop thick skin....I don't think I can do it.....

Thanks for your replies everyone......

Happy, Healthy, Thick Skinned New Year everyone....

Having been a Trade Union Shop Steward and Branch Secretary for some years, there isn't an unpleasant name I haven't been called at least once (some many times). Nowadays its like water off a duck's back to me - I can give it back too.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am thin skinned .
I wish I wasn't .
But as Mups says it depends who is being rude .
Funny but Muddy, I always took you as a very strong thick skinned person who could put me in my place very quickly. I admire you Muddy..
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

31-12-2018, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Having been a Trade Union Shop Steward and Branch Secretary for some years, there isn't an unpleasant name I haven't been called at least once (some many times). Nowadays its like water off a duck's back to me - I can give it back too.
Oh hi Joe, are you referring to a nasty scum bag party? I have heard you say it, makes me laugh all the time..you know how to "sock it to em"
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:03 PM

Oh hi Joe, are you referring to a nasty scum bag party? I have heard you say it, makes me laugh all the time..you know how to "sock it to em"

Oh no, not always Blue darlin' - sometimes comes from some of the people I used to represent too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:28 PM

I don't get upset easily, if someone says something about me, it normally goes over my head, it would have to be something really bad for me to get hurt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Hi

Decades in Enforcement means a thick skin.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Same for you "Wild" . xx
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:38 PM

I am very thin skinned. I try to look "strong", but I am not. My feelings get hurt easily, then I "rant and rave" for a while.....hahahaha, but I don't mean half of what I say.....

I can tell when someone doesn't particularly like me, and that is ok, we can't like everyone, but nobody needs to be rude......it is just too bad that some people find it necessary to run here and there posting little comments because someone is annoying them. I would hate to end 2019, with hate in my heart....

I respect a lot of people on this forum, who have been here a while and always seem to "show up" when I am having a bad day. They help me through it, always...

I guess it takes a long time to develop thick skin....I don't think I can do it.....

Thanks for your replies everyone......

Happy, Healthy, Thick Skinned New Year everyone....
I beg to disagree with you there Blue....you only "think" someone doesnt like you ,what evidence do you have for anything else? A post? a comment? as you yourself have said you "rant and rave" but dont mean half of what you say....well how are we supposed to know that ......and yes I do believe youre ranting and raving because of my comments earlier.....and I dont "not like" you at all....but please dont try and manipulate posts,its very petty!!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top