Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 12:34 PM

not seen anymore (flea circus)

I remember seeing one on derby day at Epson Downs where they had the fair ground.

They had fleas pulling tiny carts and balancing on a ball to name but two of the things the fleas did.

What has happened to shows like this.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: not seen anymore (flea circus)

I have only ever seen it on TV and I used to think it was just a trick with magnets but after a quick Google, it appears that some were actually real. No idea how they did it though.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 01:13 PM

I saw one once when I was a child, it was a side show at the Fair. Didn't think much of it at the time..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:33 PM

The fleas were not the small ones we associate with , these were somewhat larger. i remember they used tweezers to handle them
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i remember seeing one on derby day at epson downs where they had the fair ground.

They had fleas pulling tiny carts and balancing on a ball to name but two of the things the fleas did.

what has happened to shows like this.
DDT perhaps??
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Here's one for you Realspeed...

Flea circus on youtube
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Get yourself a cat!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:25 PM

That reminds me of Michael Bentine's "Potty Time"!
Great program!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:31 PM

Yeh right you lot,your on a wind up and I ain't believing owt you lot say.

I had a mate who did 25 years in Brixton nick.
I cannot say what he did but it was obviously a bad thing by the length of the sentence.
Anyways after a few weeks of sitting about in his cell.
He was watching these flea's playing about on his bed.
So he got a matchbox and collected 4 of them.
He started making little instruments for them.
3 guitars and a set of drums.
It took him nearly his full sentence,
But he had them flea's playing all kinds of stuff.
Built a little stage and a microphone,they were the bee nees. Any tune you could name they could play and sing.
Some inmates thought they were better than the Beatles. Thats what he ended up calling them actually The Flea Beatle's although there was four that did not matter.

Hey anyhow he was released and was walking down Brixton Hill and thought he would have a beer or two in a local pub.
He had about 4 actually and seeing that he had not had a beer in such a long length of time,it went straight to his head and he was p*ssed before he knew it. So he decided to show off The Flea Beatles.
He got the stage out and the microphone and the drum kit and the guitars.
Then he got his little fleas out in their smart suits he had made them. They were ready to play and he said to the barman.
Hey fella you see those fleas on the bar.
The barman walked over and smashed his fist down on top of the fleas on the bar and said "Those f*cking fleas get everywhere these days".
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 07:22 PM

I remember seeing a flea circus at Southend when I was a child. I was quite impressed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top