Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Re: Holidays this year??

the middle of Feb was going to book 4 weeks in Vegas.

Was waiting till March to redraw some money from my PBs.

Not going to bother at Mo might go in November if things improve.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think Disney have shut down all their resorts in the US
Hi Galty that is so and I think the reason my son had to cancel.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:52 PM

We're planning on moving home this year so, no hols for us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Government advising the over 70s not to go on cruises.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...n-cruise-ships
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Government advising the over 70s not to go on cruises.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...n-cruise-ships
We wouldn't go on a cruise if you paid for it. Totally hate the idea of being on board a ship for so long.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We wouldn't go on a cruise if you paid for it. Totally hate the idea of being on board a ship for so long.
Me neither but I know some here enjoy them. I'm not sure how this advice would affect any pre-booked cruises?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:17 PM

We are going to Devon for a couple of weeks in the middle of July. We are now wondering if these worrying times will still be with us and the holiday will be cancelled. I definitely wouldn't take any risks.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 05:53 PM

I am due to fly to London (not with Flybe!) on Thursday to stay with daughter. 2 concerts and a talk at The Tate lined up. I think after today's self isolation announcement I will not go
Mr Glanny is 70 and I am 69. I am worried if things escalate there might be a total lockdown and I might not be able to get home. I can change my flight with Easyjet to the autumn. Daughter will still go to the events. Though I worry about her too as she has asthma.
We are booked to go to Islay with friends end of July. Fingers crossed we can still go.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 05:58 PM

we have a trip to Spain in June and another one to Spain in September but its looking like the June holiday will be off. We had only paid our deposit, I'm hoping we can transfer the holiday when its a safe time.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
I am due to fly to London (not with Flybe!) on Thursday to stay with daughter. 2 concerts and a talk at The Tate lined up. I think after today's self isolation announcement I will not go
Mr Glanny is 70 and I am 69. I am worried if things escalate there might be a total lockdown and I might not be able to get home. I can change my flight with Easyjet to the autumn. Daughter will still go to the events. Though I worry about her too as she has asthma.
We are booked to go to Islay with friends end of July. Fingers crossed we can still go.
Keep away from London Glanny! Mut be the worst place in uk
to be, and l doubt that the concerts will take place anyway
Best plan for your lot should be all meet up at lslay if still infection
free? But lslay might have something to say about that? 😗😗
Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top