Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:31 AM

Re: UK broadband data caps removed during pandemic

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know if I have done it right or not, but my main computer's speed test said:

Ping - (what the 'eck's that?) 21
Download 46.63
Upload 2.61

Does that sound about right?
Not a bad ping time but not that quick either. I can get ping times that are about that but more typical are ping times of 10 to 15 milliseconds. I'd say it isn't anything to worry about.

The upload and download speeds are pretty good if your connection is via the BT telephone lines. Even better than average perhaps. Certainly good enough for the purpose of videos and normal Internet usage.

If you are on Virgin Media cable, that could be thought quite a slow speed. Speeds on VM cable can be expected to be much higher than that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:08 PM

I just received an email from my ISP saying that my fibre monthly allowance has been increased from 500Gb to 700Gb.

According to the wireless this morning Netflix has reduced the quality of its streaming to save bandwidth, I can't say I had noticed any difference but will watch more closely now I know.

Optus (our second mobile phone company) said this morning that since the lockdown data traffic has increased by 10% and phone calls by 20%. Personally I would have expected it to be far higher but I suppose the increase in home use is balanced by a decrease in use by business.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:43 AM

It is getting a bit silly now.

I mentioned before that they had doubled my data allowance on my mobile phone last month as a gift but recently it did its monthly renewal and I expected to lose all that data as normal at the end of the month.

Anyway I happened to look at the app on my phone today to discover they have just rolled it over so now I have 90Gb of data on my phone. It's a pity you can't give it to someone.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200403_113454_au.com.amaysim.android.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	12106  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

11-04-2020, 02:55 AM

I though giving me 60Gb was a bit silly but now they have gone completely demented. I received a message from my Mobile phone company saying "Stay home this Easter" to help their customers stay home they have given us 300GB of free data. I thought it was a mistake but I checked:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200411_114816_au.com.amaysim.android.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	12224  

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top