Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:11 PM

Re: Couple of questions re Repeat Prescriptions and Chemists

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Is that because you are signed up to Patient Access Art? I' haven't signed up for that.

I've read somewhere about automatic prescriptions and people being reminded by phone. I think you have to sign up for that?

I used to phone the chemist and order it, but they've stopped doing that now as they are (constantly) short of staff. Which is one of the reasons why I was asking how long other chemists take to process prescriptions.
We all have to order through the GP now because Rowlands aren't coping. They seem to give a lousy service now.

There are other chemists around here, and I was wondering whether to change, but they are further away from the GP practice, which isn't good when the chemist staff have to pick up the prescriptions.
‘Patient Access’..... l have heard of it, Pesta but l don’t know if l am signed up to it?

I know the chemist can’t access my records at the doctors because on a rare occasion if there is a mistake or a query with my mediation, l have to sort it with the surgery. Then l have to report back to the chemist.
The chemist say, they only follow what the doctor has ordered and signed for every 56 days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:18 PM

Another 'one monther'. I don't understand about ticking 5 boxes scot. What does that mean? I don't tick any boxes.
Pesta, l tick boxes at Lloyd’s too. It’s a list of your prescribed medications and you just tick what you want next time. That’s all l have to do until l am texted to say, my prescription is ready for collection 56 days later.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
‘Patient Access’..... l have heard of it, Pesta but l don’t know if l am signed up to it?

I know the chemist can’t access my records at the doctors because on a rare occasion if there is a mistake or a query with my mediation, l have to sort it with the surgery. Then l have to report back to the chemist.
The chemist say, they only follow what the doctor has ordered and signed for every 56 days.

Just been on Lloyds website Art. They say 'they do reminders to request your repeat prescription'. Must be a 'big chemist' thing
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pesta, I order my repeat online on Emiss patient access.
It is quick and easy and I only need allow 4 days till collection.

When I collect it, the pharmacy always tears the white bit of paper off the copy, and hands it to me. This is probably what Scott meant about ticking off what he needs from the list.

I prefer to order online a few days before I run out.
On the website you can also make'cancel appointments, access your medical records, leave a message for the doctor, and see all your meds clearly.

I order once a month.

Thanks for that Mups. Another 'monther'. Yes, the 'tear off' bit, I had to use that today to order at the GP's. We seemingly have to put it in the box outside the surgery. Then they whizz it off online to the chemist, which apparently takes 48hrs for them to do that.
All very long winded now.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 10:28 PM

Pesta, l tick boxes at Lloyd’s too. It’s a list of your prescribed medications and you just tick what you want next time. That’s all l have to do until l am texted to say, my prescription is ready for collection 56 days later.

Aaah, I see. I don't tick any boxes, I just have my usual two that are listed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-05-2020, 10:30 PM

Just been on Lloyds website Art. They say 'they do reminders to request your repeat prescription'. Must be a 'big chemist' thing
Pesta, I have just looked at Lloyds website and it mentions an app called ‘Echo’ and they deliver your medication for free. Now this has never been mentioned to me. The only time they have delivered to me is when they haven’t got one of my items or they’ve made a mistake with my prescription.
The Lloyds chemist, l go to to is always impossible to park near. Now if they delivered, it would save me a lot of trouble.

I must make inquires...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 10:37 PM

Pesta, I have just looked at Lloyds website and it mentions an app called ‘Echo’ and they deliver your medication for free. Now this has never been mentioned to me. The only time they have delivered to me is when they haven’t got one of my items or they’ve made a mistake with my prescription.
The Lloyds chemist, l go to to is always impossible to park near. Now if they delivered, it would save me a lot of trouble.

I must make inquires...
Rowlands USED to do the free deliveries, but I always said I would pick it up, as it's only about 15/20 mins walk away and I'm mobile.
With all this change, I've no idea if they do still deliver to those who normally have them delivered. I feel sure/hope they are still doing that for those who need them to be delivered!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:44 PM

Mr Mags and I both get our Meds from Lloyds Chemist.

We request our repeat prescriptions online, the doctors acknowledge them both and I can collect my meds after 3 days. Mr Mags has his delivered to the door the day after they are ordered.

He is given 3 months of meds and I am only given 2 months ..... I've no idea why!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mr Mags and I both get our Meds from Lloyds Chemist.

We request our repeat prescriptions online, the doctors acknowledge them both and I can collect my meds after 3 days. Mr Mags has his delivered to the door the day after they are ordered.

He is given 3 months of meds and I am only given 2 months ..... I've no idea why!
Gosh Mags - it's all so odd isn't it? I mean chemists and how long they take, or how quick they are. GPs and how many months worth of medication.

There doesn't seem to be any continuity throughout does there? There must be a reason for it all - bugga innit
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:52 PM

My pharmacy is my local Lloyds and I go online using Patient Access to reorder via the GP surgery every 56 days - order on Monday and collect on Friday.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top