Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:57 PM

Re: Pets or Humans?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I find it amazing that someone has found CV on an animals fur yet it’s almost impossible to get a test done on humans unless you are a front line worker .

The fact that it doesn't seem to affect animals made me think perhaps this will be one vaccine that can't be tested with any accuracy on the poor wretched laboratory animals.
Perhaps that is why they need human guinea pigs for it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 04:19 AM

Hi

The rules.

Pet Shops can remain open, no issues.

This includes Tropical Fish Shops, a huge industry which has no need to remain open at all.

We have our priorities wrong.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The rules.

This includes Tropical Fish Shops, a huge industry which has no need to remain open at all.

There you go again - and no, we haven't. If you take a pet - dog, cat, fish, bird - into your home then it's welfare becomes your responsibility - this includes feeding and medication, which is a priority.

Our food shops and pharmacies have remained open - why shouldn't theirs? And, please, don't throw the 'buy on line' option at me because not everyone in the world owns or has access to a computer - especially the elderly who are more firmly locked down than most.

I know and can understand that you are angry about yourself and Guy missing out on hospital appointments - it must be both worrying and frustrating for you - but, please, stop blaming our pets. It is not their fault!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 08:03 AM

Hi

The rules.

Swim I cannot even see reason or logic in your arguments, apart from the fact that Guy's arm operation will be delayed!
If you have a problem with the government rules on safety, try writing to the PM.... I am sure he has nothing better to do than reply to members of the public who think they know better!

My priorities are to keep members of my household safe & well, that is me and 3 cats, and there are many members on here who feel the same about their pets. Vets are usually private businesses, but they are still governed by the same rules as hospitals and are only seeing animals that are seriously ill. They dispense medicines on the basis of a telephone conversation with the owner of the animal.
If you are concerned about Guy's arm, why not get him to see a private consultant... who will probably tell you exactly what the NHS hospital did!

I don't think you will get much support, for your opinion, on a site that has many animal loving people and can see no justification for your comments!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 08:18 AM

Hi

My objections are very different .

There is simply no need to keep Tropical Fish Shops open.

There is no Social Distancing and no need to even go there.

You can buy everything you need on line.

I have a huge new fish tank.

I love my fish.

I will not put anyone at risk to buy fish for it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 08:33 AM

My local pet store certainly DOES have social distancing in place, one person in the shop at any time, plus they will not take cash. If you want to blame someone for not getting an operation done, why not blame Estate Agents? They are open but are unnecessary in the great scheme of things.

The reason that hospital and doctors appointments are being delayed is that they are a bit busy at the moment. I can't get a NHS dentist appointment but I couldn't before either.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:29 AM

Pet shops also had live stock on the premises. How do you suppose they would have managed that if businesses had folded? Pet shops are not like other shops in that respect.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:04 AM

Hi

The rules.

You've changed your tune Swim.
Now you have more knowledge from other members how the veterinary surgeons are working safely, you change your aggression to tropical fish shops/pet shops instead.
You seem a very bitter man.

As Twink said, if waiting your turn for Guy's arm op is bugging you, then with all your pensions you keep telling us about, and Guy's well paid job in Taiiwan you have said about too, if you want to queue jump before the thousands of others who are also waiting, then cough up and go private.
Otherwise you will have to wait your turn like everyone else.

Closing vets and pets shops is both childish and vindictive, and has nothing remotely to do with the NHS queue moving any faster.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:32 PM

Hi

The rules.

Tropical fish shops have to attend to the fish they keep, like feeding the fish, checking the water & making sure the fish are healthy. Unless it is just a tiny shop , they will have to pay staff to do this work..... and if they don't sell anything how will they manage to keep the business going?

The reason the government are trying ease the restrictions of the lock down, is to try and reduce the number of people who may lose their jobs.
By now everybody should know the restrictions & be sensible, so it is common sense to allow businesses to open providing they can adhere to the social distancing rules.
Believe me, lots of people will suffer severe hardships if the economy plummets, so it is wise to cautiously allow some businesses to open, if they stick by the rules.

Surely the next step should be asking people to be sensible, but allowing them to make small steps in getting back to normal, shouldn't it?

Anybody who is scared of catching the virus will not be forced to go into shops and buy tropical fish..... but the people who work there may still be able to feed their families... including their pets!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 01:28 PM

I'm so glad my vets is open, otherwise my furboy would be so ill. He's just been diagnosed with Cushings Disease, without my vet my boy would still be feeling very poorly indeed, now he's so much better with treatment.

We aren't allowed inside, the vet comes outside to take the dog from me and he has gloves on.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top