Join for free
Page 26 of 79 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:30 AM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I would agree with that, Bakerman.
He had worked in the police force long enough to know that.
Bet he's filling his pants now.
His troubles are just beginning. Still sitting in jail, his stunningly beautiful wife has filed for divorce and he is sure to be convicted. Soon, at least I hope, he will become a tough convicts sex slave.

As a man once said, "He now thinks a thousand of brick have fell upon him". Ha ha
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:13 PM

Tenth straight day of protests rock the nation.

Instead of quieting down, the protests are growing ever more wider. 300 cities are now experiencing protests on a daily basis.

In response to the protests, some cops are becoming quite brutal.

A news reporter was shot in the eye by a rubber bullet and she lost that eye. 2 black students who were peacefully sitting in their car when the cops suddenly attack them. They smashed out the car windows and tasered the 2 students. A 75 year old man was slammed to the ground. In NYC, police herded a group of peaceful protesters into a dead-end street and bombed them with tear gas.

Clearly, the police are violating citizens constitutional rights to peacefully protest. This is only serving to further inflame the situation.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Tenth straight day of protests rock the nation.

Instead of quieting down, the protests are growing ever more wider. 300 cities are now experiencing protests on a daily basis.

In response to the protests, some cops are becoming quite brutal.

A news reporter was shot in the eye by a rubber bullet and she lost that eye. 2 black students who were peacefully sitting in their car when the cops suddenly attack them. They smashed out the car windows and tasered the 2 students. A 75 year old man was slammed to the ground. In NYC, police herded a group of peaceful protesters into a dead-end street and bombed them with tear gas.

Clearly, the police are violating citizens constitutional rights to peacefully protest. This is only serving to further inflame the situation.

They showed a clip of that elderly chap on the news here tonight Bakerman. The police pushed him over, and as he lay on the pavement, blood started running out the back of his head all over the pathway.
One of the other policemen went to help him but was pulled away by the other police. No one was allowed to go to his assistance.
Unbelievable.
Not sure, but I believe 2 of the officers have been suspended over this now.
I hope so.

See if this link works:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/u...er-unrest.html
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:28 AM

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Mr Floyd was a convicted thug.

He served time for attacking a woman in her own home in the search for cash or drugs.

When he found none he pressed a gun to her belly and threatened to shoot her.....I seem to recall she was pregnant.

Obviously he didn't deserve to die but I find it difficult to have much sympathy.

And yes I do think the cop(s) are racist thugs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:38 AM

Reg you are also right .
He was not an upright citizen and the woman he threatened with a gun was I understand black too. There is a lot of black on black crime .
But no human being should die In that way .
I don’t however condone these riots where there is looting and violence because they are damaging ordinary peoples lives black and white .
The violence has escalated to a terrifying degree and people are losing their loves .
The latest outrage is a retired policeman aged 77 shot dead for trying to prevent looting .
He was also a human being .
He was also black .
https://www.christianpost.com/news/r...m-looters.html
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:54 AM

I'm afraid some are using it as an excuse to commit further atrocities on innocent folk.

They don't give a damn about Mr Floyd or the anti-racism movement.

I also question the motives of some of the "spokespersons"
bakerman
Mexico

06-06-2020, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Mr Floyd was a convicted thug.

He served time for attacking a woman in her own home in the search for cash or drugs.

When he found none he pressed a gun to her belly and threatened to shoot her.....I seem to recall she was pregnant.

Obviously he didn't deserve to die but I find it difficult to have much sympathy.

And yes I do think the cop(s) are racist thugs.
Whether Mr Floyd was guilty of that crime or not, has nothing to do with the simple fact that cops , all to often, are judge , jury and executioner. That is ESPECIALLY TRUE for black persons. In America, blacks are 9 times more likely to die at the hands of cops than whites.

That condition can not be allowed to continue. We MUST NOT rest until the police are held accountable. We MUST NOT rest until the entire policing system is changed. In my opinion, we must transparently investigate every single time a cop kills anyone or brutalizes them, and if we discover the cop has acted illegally, we must send then to prison, just like any other common criminal. If we do this often enough, perhaps, just perhaps, the cops will eventually "get it".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:56 AM

I'm afraid some are using it as an excuse to commit further atrocities on innocent folk.

That thought came to me as well, Reg.

The protestors are not doing themselves any favours behaving like they are.
bakerman
Mexico

06-06-2020, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That thought came to me as well, Reg.

The protestors are not doing themselves any favours behaving like they are.
I would point out that the overwhelming number of protesters are peaceful. It is only the night-time "protesters" who are violent looters.
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 04:24 AM

Exactly!

I wish the "news" media would differentiate between Protesters and Rioters.

Page 26 of 79 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top