Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:11 PM

Covid Vaccine

I realise this could become like (dare I say it), the great Flu Vaccine debate which resurrected itself every winter for several years, but seriouisly, if/when this new vaccine becomes available, how many of us will take up the offer?

What if the Virus changes itself every year and doesn't work unless it is modified over and over - again like the flu vaccines.

Will we be advised to have the Flu Vaccine PLUS the Corvid Vaccine I wonder, or could they be combined?

We will eventually all be walking chemical factories with what they want to put into our bodies - at a price of course.

So will you be vaccinated - or not?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:12 PM

Re: Covid Vaccine

Definitely not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Definitely not.

I'm so glad you said that Tabs, because that's how I feel too.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:44 PM

I 82 and never had the flu jab but if a Corvid vaccine became available I would definitely consider taking it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:52 PM

I will definitely have the C19 when it becomes available.

C19 like its cousin corona virus the common cold will become endemic.
We don't know if those who catch the virus produce antibodies that last long term, there is a risk people could become reinfected many times.
Also only a small percentage of the population is thought to have contracted C19 so far so even if some are now immune there is a sizable chunk of the population still to catch the infection. Some will have no symptoms, some mild others life-changing. I am certain I am in the last category.

I won't feel safe going out until I have had the vaccine.

I don't anticipate that any new vaccine for C19 will be combined with any other vaccination at this time for a number of reasons.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I realise this could become like (dare I say it), the great Flu Vaccine debate which resurrected itself every winter for several years, but seriouisly, if/when this new vaccine becomes available, how many of us will take up the offer?

What if the Virus changes itself every year and doesn't work unless it is modified over and over - again like the flu vaccines.

Will we be advised to have the Flu Vaccine PLUS the Corvid Vaccine I wonder, or could they be combined?

We will eventually all be walking chemical factories with what they want to put into our bodies - at a price of course.

So will you be vaccinated - or not?
Hmmm,catch 22,I have the flu vaccine because it's recommended cause I'm asthmatic,now I wasn't immunised obviously against this covid but haven't caught it,so do you or don't you.pays your NI and takes your choice.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:00 PM

The first thing to ask is .... how long will it take to be offered to the older community?
It'll be kids, key workers , politicians ... etc etc before general members of the public.

On the other hand ... they can test run it
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:08 PM

I'll have the jab as soon as it's offered to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-05-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The first thing to ask is .... how long will it take to be offered to the older community?
It'll be kids, key workers , politicians ... etc etc before general members of the public.

On the other hand ... they can test run it

Money will strongly figure in this too Mort.
If it's making oodles of money, it will made available to as many people as possible.

I think what bothers me most is, they are in such a rush to get it out, that it won't have been tested long term.
Will the people clambering to have it just be guinea pigs?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:39 PM

I know what you mean ... I'd probably feel more comfortable if they found a decent treatment.

Like that ebola drug ... Some good results are been reported with that and at least it's already undergone safety trials.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top