Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:07 AM

Re: Do You Have Any Little Idiosyncrasies, You’d Like To Tell Us About?

I don't like warm/hot weather - is that idiosyncratic? It scrambles my brain and makes me totally lethargic. I can't do anything.

My way of dealing with it is to reverse my sleeping pattern. I open windows, close curtains/blinds, and then sleep - from about 8:00am until evening.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:48 AM

I have to check for spiders in my bedroom before I get in bed...l mean really check...I'm not sure what would happen if I didn't check...the sky might fall down
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LT, Ooh don’t tell me that as l’m bad enough when pegging washing on the line! Especially, the positioning of the pegs on the shoulders of items and trousers must be pegged on straight at the seams, not skew-whiff!
That's me too Art, the hanging of washing has to be absolutely precise. All blouses and shirts go on hangers first, buttons fastened so they don't slip off, then the hook of the hanger is fastened to the rotary wire. Towels and Sheets have to be folded over the wire so the two halves are spot on with each other before the clothes pegs are 'just' placed on the very edges of either side so as not to leave peg marks. jeans, trousers and pj bottoms must be hung from the body part only and the pegs placed precisely on the seams.

Even worse, blouses and shirts must be fastened and all facing the same way in the wardrobes or it drives me mad.

It must be true what they say about Virgo's! we like things tidy and organised. Mind you, HWMO says I am fanatical about this rather than just tidy!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't like warm/hot weather - is that idiosyncratic? It scrambles my brain and makes me totally lethargic. I can't do anything.

My way of dealing with it is to reverse my sleeping pattern. I open windows, close curtains/blinds, and then sleep - from about 8:00am until evening.
Blimey Tabs ... I wear shades and a hat, don't like to sit in the sun for long, I might get burnt, but I still love it, from under a tree or something.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

That's me now as well, but not the sleep pattern.

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Blimey Tabs ... I wear shades and a hat, don't like to sit in the sun for long, I might get burnt, but I still love it, from under a tree or something.
I haven't sun bathed for years, ever since the change, couldn't sit in the sun during or after that.
Yet I used to be out in the Summer in my skimpy clothes for hours, in the afternoon between lunch time & picking the then young kids up from school.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:13 PM

All my ornaments have to be symmetrical. My husband annoys me with his lack of understanding and messing up my symmetry. Wierd thing is is the fact he has horrendous OCD ywt he can't understand my idiosyncracy!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's me too Art, the hanging of washing has to be absolutely precise. All blouses and shirts go on hangers first, buttons fastened so they don't slip off, then the hook of the hanger is fastened to the rotary wire. Towels and Sheets have to be folded over the wire so the two halves are spot on with each other before the clothes pegs are 'just' placed on the very edges of either side so as not to leave peg marks. jeans, trousers and pj bottoms must be hung from the body part only and the pegs placed precisely on the seams.

Even worse, blouses and shirts must be fastened and all facing the same way in the wardrobes or it drives me mad.

It must be true what they say about Virgo's! we like things tidy and organised. Mind you, HWMO says I am fanatical about this rather than just tidy!
I'm a virgin too but I couldn't give a toss about tidiness
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:51 PM

I had to endure a lot of idiosyncrasies over the years but then I divorced her. Idiosyncrasy-free now!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I had to endure a lot of idiosyncrasies over the years but then I divorced her. Idiosyncrasy-free now!
Ditto. Fortunately Val is the complete opposite.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:53 PM

I think I've said this on a thread in the past but I still have that child-like belief that everything (even an inanimate object) is alive and has feelings!
I can't throw food away unless there's at least 2 items going in the bin together! Just so that they aren't lonely...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top