Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:59 PM

The Fine Art Of NAGGING!

The word "Nagging" has a rightful place in the English Language.

You see it used in terms like "A Nagging Toothache" or, maybe, "Trying to remember that name has been Nagging at me for Days".

However, I think most of it will us will use it to relate to gentle reminder, by a caring friend, or partner, that something needs to be sorted out.

Probably, many will see it as a skill, used by the opposite sex, when they are fed up because you never sort something out.

Why am I raising this topic, Today?

Well, I have 3 grown up daughters and they all are highly skilled at Nagging.

Nothing gets missed out from the pigeon droppings, in the rear garden, to the haircut I'd have to get (if I wasn't locked down).

Is it a general problem?

Or is it just me?

Better still, Is there a way of stopping nagging without breaking up a relationship?

I'm willing to try any realistic suggestion!

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 06:06 PM

Re: The Fine Art Of NAGGING!

Just ignore it, don't 'bite', just smile. Have you ever tried to argue, nag or try to get someone to respond who doesn't wish to be involved? You would probably find it impossible.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 06:47 PM

Enjoy it! Encourage it!

You'll miss it when it's gone.

Plus, it's a reason to fight back with debate outwitting them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 06:54 PM

I have nagged my Son all day to empty the bins in the kitchen cupboard, he has just done that.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 07:19 PM

Sue is brilliant at it. What she has yet to realise it is in one ear and out the other
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 07:29 PM

Absolutely a woman's prerogative!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Ted (I was going to start 'Dear Ted', but changed me mind).

Allow me to eplain.

'Nagging' as you gentlemen tend to refer to it, is an important female skill handed down through generations.

Centuries ago, we realised it was a necessity for any female who chose to share an abode with a member of the opposite sex.

We have an inborn perception of how things ought to be you see, but unfortuately the male of the species is not blessed with such a gift, so are unable to understand things in the same way.

All females know that males are quite incapable of listening to our 'suggestions' without getting huffy, and are also extremely forgetful and unable to concentrate.

We know - nay, expect - that when asked to do something, you will then frequently go missing.
We also know that at such times, you are often to be found pretending to be asleep in your armchair, or sometimes at such places as pubs, football matches, or often taking the dog out for the 10th time that day. You have even been found in the garden shed on occassions, imitating being very busy.

We are such forgiving souls, we sweetly ask you to do the job again - to no avail.
We then ask again . . . and again . . . and again . . . but by now we are getting more insistent, yet still keeping our manners and dignity.

After an average of 1 - 2 years of asking (and all this while being wrongly accused of 'nagging) . . . .

. . . . . We throttle you.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Dear Tedc

Remember the old saying ...

Don't do today what you can get someone else to do tomorrow.

Play your cards right, and you'll have a member of the fairer gender dealing the pigeon droppings, in the rear garden.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ted (I was going to start 'Dear Ted', but changed me mind).

Allow me to eplain.

'Nagging' as you gentlemen tend to refer to it, is an important female skill handed down through generations.

Centuries ago, we realised it was a necessity for any female who chose to share an abode with a member of the opposite sex.

We have an inborn perception of how things ought to be you see, but unfortuately the male of the species is not blessed with such a gift, so are unable to understand things in the same way.

All females know that males are quite incapable of listening to our 'suggestions' without getting huffy, and are also extremely forgetful and unable to concentrate.

We know - nay, expect - that when asked to do something, you will then frequently go missing.
We also know that at such times, you are often to be found pretending to be asleep in your armchair, or sometimes at such places as pubs, football matches, or often taking the dog out for the 10th time that day. You have even been found in the garden shed on occassions, imitating being very busy.

We are such forgiving souls, we sweetly ask you to do the job again - to no avail.
We then ask again . . . and again . . . and again . . . but by now we are getting more insistent, yet still keeping our manners and dignity.

After an average of 1 - 2 years of asking (and all this while being wrongly accused of 'nagging), ....................

. . . . . We throttle you.

Dear Mups!

Sorry if you think that I was being sexist, about this question, as I know that men can do Nagging as well.

I do find, however, that men usually say nothing, they just grunt and stare at the faux pas, for a minimum of 30 seconds, then release another short grunt, before striding off to the garage.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Dear Mups!

Sorry if you think that I was being sexist,
about this question, as I know that men can do Nagging as well.

I do find, however, that men usually say nothing, they just grunt and stare at the faux pas, for a minimum of 30 seconds, then release another short grunt, before striding off to the garage.

Didn't think you were being sexist at all Ted.
I was just pulling your leg m'dear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top