Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:12 PM

Re: The Fine Art Of NAGGING!

Being profusely grateful and issuing rewards probably helps a lot too, to be fair!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 09:23 PM

I can honestly say, hand on heart, I've never nagged.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
i don't nag either. After getting married I cottoned on very quickly to the fact that it didn't work/caused resentment.
Instead I say things like "When you have a moment, please can you fix that light bulb in the hall/take the recycling out/etc. I'll do it later if you don't get the time, it's not a problem"

I don't know if it's guilt/wanting to be the hero or the no-pressure, reverse psychology that does it, but it always seems to work
JUst what I do Rhian ,works a blooming treat , plus the bonus of him thinking he had the idea first . TEE-HEE
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:15 AM

I used to tell my wife that by the time she gave up nagging she could have done the thing herself. If I considered something important I would do it. If she thinks it is important she can get on with it. She soon gave up nagging when I gave her a dose of her own medicine and started nagging her in return.

As an example, for some stupid reason evidently only known to women she decided to replace all the perfectly fine crockery and cutlery we had with new stuff because she "liked the cutlery handles matching the colours of the crockery". I rolled my eyes but didn't make an issue of the waste of money. She was clueless, financially. Then she started nagging for a couple of weeks to have the kitchen redecorated to match the bloody crockery and cutlery!!! I said no - mainly because I would end up wasting my money and my time doing the job myself. In addition she said she would take the kids on holiday with her parents while I was expected to give up MY two week summer holiday to get the job done. That was where I finally drew the line and it was one of the few times in our marriage where I lost my temper and told her to button it, because it was absolutely not going to happen. Yes, she was THAT stupid.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top