Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Re: what an experience

At my tip, they kept telling me to move on because we are not allowed to queue on the road. After six tries at driving past and seeing that other cars had jumped in front because they happened to arrive as another car was coming out, I decided to call it a day and go home. I,m going to try again tomorrow but if I get no joy, it's going in the normal rubbish bag.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'd take one look at that queue, turn around and go home. Luckily, we have garden waste collection service around here. It costs about £50 a year but it's worth it not to have to go to the dump/recycling centre.

All other stuff is hidden behind, the shed including an old lavatory and basin. It can stay there until there's more and then I'll pay a reputable company to come and take it all away, or maybe hire a small skip and fill that up.

I hate going to dumps/recycling centres.
Ha ha Mart I have strawberries growing in an old lavatory cistern :.
It’s was our turn for the tip on Sunday ( it’s by postcode here ) but we had nothing we have a garden waste bin it costs £54 per annum , I Compost all other stuff and we recycle all plastics and bottles Tim’s cardboard so thankfully nothing to go .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ha ha Mart I have strawberries growing in an old lavatory cistern :.
It’s was our turn for the tip on Sunday ( it’s by postcode here ) but we had nothing we have a garden waste bin it costs £54 per annum , I Compost all other stuff and we recycle all plastics and bottles Tim’s cardboard so thankfully nothing to go .
I suggested we ought to use the old lavatory pan for planting something in. Lots of space in it and good drainage too. I thought in the middle of the grass at the front of the house might be a good place for it. Mrs mart didn't fancy the the idea though. I still might grow a plant in it behind the shed where she rarely looks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:29 PM

I suggested we ought to use the old lavatory pan for planting something in. Lots of space in it and good drainage too. I thought in the middle of the grass at the front of the house might be a good place for it. Mrs mart didn't fancy the the idea though. I still might grow a plant in it behind the shed where she rarely looks.

You'd have to paint flowers or something on it so it looked less like a loo, then it might be alright.
Just had a funny thought . . . you could sit an old Scarecrow on it too, that would sure make a talking point!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 03:00 PM

I was almost at the point of smashing it into small bits so it took took up less space but I'm encouraged to use it as a plant pot now ..and the cistern that goes with it. I'll sit on it and give it some more thought.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:40 AM

I was almost at the point of smashing it into small bits so it took took up less space but I'm encouraged to use it as a plant pot now ..and the cistern that goes with it. I'll sit on it and give it some more thought.
Fill it with bog plants.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2020, 09:41 AM

I finally managed to get past the misog on the gate and get rid of my garden waste.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I finally managed to get past the misog on the gate and get rid of my garden waste.
Well done Longdogs....
I've got a rather heavy garden waste bin that needs sorting, I'll have a look to see if our dumpit site is open. They stopped taking away the green garden waste bin when the outbreak started, but I've got a large holly tree that needs trimming and no more room in the green bin....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well done Longdogs....
I've got a rather heavy garden waste bin that needs sorting, I'll have a look to see if our dumpit site is open. They stopped taking away the green garden waste bin when the outbreak started, but I've got a large holly tree that needs trimming and no more room in the green bin....
It can be a long process getting in and out but it's worth it in the end.

The rubbish tip that is.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
it can be a long process getting in and out but it's worth it in the end.

The rubbish tip that is.
..............I checked..........and ours is not open....

Anybody want some compost?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top