Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 09:58 AM

Re: Living in France

I would so love to live in France I watch the programmes on TV where they buy properties and I envy them their new lifes.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 12:05 PM

I agree with whoever said rent rather than buy. We bought a property in Spain, lived there for 2 years then we had to come back to Britain and lost a huge amount of money on the property. We do want to go back but we will never buy, we will rent.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 12:28 PM

I love watching the programme ''The Chateau'', They make it look so wonderful, but boy, he and his wife must have been minted to start with to take that on. I have only been to France a few times Christmas Shopping, Let's just say I much prefer Belgium.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 12:58 PM

I would love to live in rural France & the isolation would be one of the main reasons. I stayed at a tiny village in northern France where there was one building that was used as the Post office, the local shop & the Pub & it was lovely. In a few days I knew the locals names & they were very helpful & friendly.

It reminded me of remote villages that we used to have in the UK .... but we wont see those again because they will be surrounded by new house being built. France has lots of land so you only live in large communities in the town centres.
I often regret that I didn't move there when I was younger!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 02:07 PM

I am English, why would I ever want to move to France, no way!!!!!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am English, why would I ever want to move to France, no way!!!!!!!

I am Irish - and feel the same, Tiffany. One long weekend there was enough to put me off for life.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by silver tabby ->

I am irish - and feel the same, tiffany. One long weekend there was enough to put me off for life.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top