Join for free
BlendedMermaid
Duluth, MN
BlendedMermaid is female  BlendedMermaid has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 01:09 PM

Book Recommendations

As an older adult, are their books that you have read and would recommend. I have read about every genre although I would say romance is my least favorite. Would love to hear your opinions!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

I've just read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca ?Splook, and it's an amazing read. I would heartily reccommend it not only as an incredible story but for an insight into medical research and the treatment of poor blacks in the US in the past.
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 05:39 PM

Hello Pat. Wilbur Smith's books are great. Ian Rankin too.

Ania The book you've just read sounds interesting. Will have a look.
Aquarian
cheshire, UK
Aquarian is female 

28-10-2012, 12:09 AM

I really enjoyed reading "the Afghan", I think Ken Follet wrote it.
I hope that someone makes a film from it.
BlendedMermaid
Duluth, MN
BlendedMermaid is female  BlendedMermaid has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 02:49 AM

Thank you for taking the time to replay and for your suggestions, Orangutan, Janet, and Aquarian! I will check out these books and authors the next time I go to the bookstore or library!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top