Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:54 PM

Re: Best book ever!!!

I enjoy all kinds of fiction and history books but I suppose historical fiction is my favourite because I love reading about the past and many writers do thoroughly research their subjects.

My favourite author in that group is Valerio Massimo Manfredi who is not only an author but also an historian, university lecturer and archaeologist.

If you like history his trilogy on Alexander the Great is well worth a read - and it's got everything you could want, from wars, political plotting and intrigue to conquest, subjugation and the creation of new civilisations.

I don't have a favourite book as my tastes are far too varied. stevmk2
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 11:01 PM

Re: Best book ever!!!

After hearing your recommendation I finally got a copy of I am Pilgrim and agree with you - fabulous book and sorry to have finished it. So clever and a real page turner - highly recommend it.

Originally Posted by Moonin ->
Hi

I've just finished reading I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes.
I'm so sorry it's finished.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Am-Pilgrim...s=i+am+pilgrim

What's the one book you would recommend ?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top