Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:08 PM

Driverless Cars

What's the idea, what are they for exactly?

What is the point?

You'll still be sitting there anyway, so if you're not driving what else will you do instead?

Unless I've got this all wrong, I really can't see what the point is. The money could be much better spent elsewhere I'd have thought.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Re: Driverless Cars

Originally Posted by Mups ->

What is the point?

You'll still be sitting there anyway, so if you're not driving what else will you do instead?

Unless I've got this all wrong, I really can't see what the point is. The money could be much better spent elsewhere I'd have thought.
Who is spending the money?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Who is spending the money?

The mad inventors.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:12 PM

The mad inventors.
But, ultimately the buyers surely?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-10-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But, ultimately the buyers surely?

That is not my point.

My question was - what is the point of them?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:13 PM

What is the point?

I quite agree with you Mups, I can't see the point to be honest and I'm sure there will be more accidents to start with when computers go wrong.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-10-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I quite agree with you Mups, I can't see the point to be honest and I'm sure there will be more accidents to start with when computers go wrong.

No doubt there will, dongle, and that will be a very grey area for claims I would think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:16 PM

No doubt there will, dongle, and that will be a very grey area for claims I would think.
Plus, if they are so good, why do they have a steering wheel?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

28-10-2018, 08:28 PM

That is not my point.

My question was - what is the point of them?
They wouldn't develop them unless they thought there there was a market for them and that, ultimately, is the point. That's what drives almost all new developments.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:37 PM

What is the point?

Hi Mups
I personally would love to live long enough to be able to make use of driverless cars ,they cant come soon enough for me.
I think theyre going to be very useful in enabling people to get about who wouldnt otherwise be able...not everyone feels able to use public transport so these driverless cars could help them get about.
If theres a market for them they will be made.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top