Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:35 PM

Re: DAB Radios

Thanks Judd, I know I can listen to it on the old PC - but I like to listen when I am in bed.

I used to listen to audio books but the cd changer on my ancient stereo has finally packed in - and I cannot find a replacement that plays more then one cd. The current Sony was brilliant - could load it with 5 cds and drift off to the dulcet tones of Martin Shaw or Alan Rickman!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:46 PM

I have had two Pure DAB radios for years now and they have a great selection of stations compared to the old system but it does still depend on where they are positioned in the house as to whether I get a good reception or not. The one in the bedroom is fine but the one in the kitchen has to be at a certain angle as does the aerial.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thanks Judd, I know I can listen to it on the old PC - but I like to listen when I am in bed.

I used to listen to audio books but the cd changer on my ancient stereo has finally packed in - and I cannot find a replacement that plays more then one cd. The current Sony was brilliant - could load it with 5 cds and drift off to the dulcet tones of Martin Shaw or Alan Rickman!!
Consider an Amazon Echo Dot, I have one at the side of my bed and it acts as a radio, alarm clock, can read audio books, and plays soothing sounds on a timer to get me to sleep. As cheap as a DAB radio.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 09:53 PM

We have three DAB radios , one in the house gets radio4extra, as does the one in my shed, and garage...I assume you’ve tried retuning ST..? Or you could try moving it around your house, but make sure you stick your left leg out to improve reception..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We have three DAB radios , one in the house gets radio4extra, as does the one in my shed, and garage...I assume you’ve tried retuning ST..? Or you could try moving it around your house, but make sure you stick your left leg out to improve reception..
And the right.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:07 AM

Comparing Digital radio to Analogue.....
Here is my interpretation...:-

Analogue.....Imagine someone singing to you from a mile away. The sound fades in and out and varies with obstacles getting in the way, but you will always hear something....

Digital.....Imagine that song being put in an envelope and sent to you via the postman. When you open the envelope you hear the song in good quality with no distractions. If the envelope doesn't arrive you hear nothing...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-08-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Comparing Digital radio to Analogue.....
Here is my interpretation...:-

Analogue.....Imagine someone singing to you from a mile away. The sound fades in and out and varies with obstacles getting in the way, but you will always hear something....

Digital.....Imagine that song being put in an envelope and sent to you via the postman. When you open the envelope you hear the song in good quality with no distractions. If the envelope doesn't arrive you hear nothing...
I do get the envelope but sometimes half of it is missing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:10 PM

Hmm - maybe I will just try and find another multi CD player. I bet they don't make the darn things anymore!!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And the right.
Stand on it silly...or you’ll fall over....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hmm - maybe I will just try and find another multi CD player. I bet they don't make the darn things anymore!!
They do still make them, but they aren't cheap. Try Amazon or any stores that sell audio.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top