Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 12:37 AM

Green and Black the incredible shrinking chocolate bar

So I realised today that I was not imagining that Green & Black chocolate bars have become smaller. They have reduced the size from 100g to 90g this year. I could swear they have reduced the amount of nuts too.

Time to go on a diet?
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Green and Black the incredible shrinking chocolate bar

Changing the size of the bar isn’t really an issue. The issue is manufacturers reducing the weight of a product and the retail price remaining the same.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So I realised today that I was not imagining that Green & Black chocolate bars have become smaller. They have reduced the size from 100g to 90g this year. I could swear they have reduced the amount of nuts too.

Time to go on a diet?
They are all at it and they disguise it as helping the nation lose weight by reducing the amount of chocolate (but not the price). I like Green & Blacks, it is good quality but haven't bought it for a while now due to the shrinking size.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:31 AM

As you say, they are all at it. They seem to be keeping the basic size but making them thinner.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
As you say, they are all at it. They seem to be keeping the basic size but making them thinner.
Cadbury's cleverly rounded the corners of each chunk. I wonder how much money that earns them in a year?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 12:24 PM

They're up to every trick in the book, and several that aren't.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 12:48 PM

I rarely eat chocolate, so it bothers me not; BUT I would be peeved if my usual joint of beef was offered for sale with a misrepresented weight, meaning I paid more than I should, then I would be irate!
Back to the chocolate bars .. is the weight stated on the wrapper for the purchaser to read before committing to buy?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 01:00 PM

Some of the 'them' are even doing it with cat food. Pouches - Whiskas, Felix et al - normally hold 100gr each and come in boxes of 12. Saw some the other- thought they were at a reasonable price - until I read the box. Pouches were only 80gr each. Put it back on the shelf - went elsewhere.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-10-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Some of the 'them' are even doing it with cat food. Pouches - Whiskas, Felix et al - normally hold 100gr each and come in boxes of 12. Saw some the other- thought they were at a reasonable price - until I read the box. Pouches were only 80gr each. Put it back on the shelf - went elsewhere.
Same with a lot of multi-pack crisps (not that we buy them too often) but the multi-pack ones are usually smaller.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Same with a lot of multi-pack crisps (not that we buy them too often) but the multi-pack ones are usually smaller.
It's great when you open a multipack crisp packet and find about four crisps inside!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top