Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 10:17 PM

Re: Even Low Doses of Vitamin B Can Make You Dream

I was going through a particularly bad time after I'd had my daughter.

My then GP prescribed Pyridoxine (B6). I didn't have any dream problems, but felt incredibly well after the 2nd day. It felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders.

Then it came about that it could cause peripheral neuropathy and I had a review. I was ok, but I came off it then.

I still remember how well I felt and the world was such a better place virtually as soon as I took it - just from a vitamin!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree Annie, sometimes just a glimpse is enough to commit the image to memory. Once seen, heard, smelled touched or tasted is immediately remembered, sometimes when we wish it wasn't...
Hi OGF, I was referring to a scientific theory rather than my opinion :

https://psychcentral.com/news/2010/0...ory/13157.html

I used to study late at night and then I'd dream about the subject. It helped a lot. Had I gone right into the test after a cramming session I'd be all over the place.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I feel exhausted if I don’t take my b supplements and my health suffers and I eat well.

Note: everyone dreams. Some remember them. Some don’t.
My vitamins all come from my food - the 'B' ones from Marmite - love it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi OGF, I was referring to a scientific theory rather than my opinion :

https://psychcentral.com/news/2010/0...ory/13157.html

I used to study late at night and then I'd dream about the subject. It helped a lot. Had I gone right into the test after a cramming session I'd be all over the place.
Yes I'd read about this before Annie, last thing at night would appear to be the best time to revise, although I think sleep is the perhaps the time when the memory does a 'Defragmentation' process and puts the unimportant bits to the back....The older I get, the more stuff gets sent to the back....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:55 PM

OGF these days I think I have a hole in my head and the important stuff trickles out through my ear when sleeping....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OGF these days I think I have a hole in my head and the important stuff trickles out through my ear when sleeping....
Ha ha ha....Yes same here Annie, as my old boss used to say when I was an apprentice...."I've forgot more stuff than you'll ever know lad!"....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top