Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Re: The job search begins here

well done mate and good luck for the future. Once you got your debts behind you you can start enjoying life.

I won't go into our past situations but only to say things do work out ok in the end
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
well done mate and good luck for the future. Once you got your debts behind you you can start enjoying life.

I won't go into our past situations but only to say things do work out ok in the end
Thanks Realspeed.
It's nice to know the big boss at my place of work agrees that there should be a position available for me on days, so it's on the cards.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 06:07 AM

How long before the big boss lets you know Floydy?

Have you heard from any of the jobs you applied for?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How long before the big boss lets you know Floydy?

Have you heard from any of the jobs you applied for?
He asked me when I wanted to move to days, Carol. I said around Christmas would be good if there was anything available. As I mentioned earlier I happy at least that it's on the cards

I've unsubscribed from all other jobs I applied for.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Got a meeting on 4th Sept.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-09-2019, 09:49 AM

Well I went to the meeting and the boss says he says he will look out for a suitable position but cannot change the way the company runs its shift system, which I understand completely.

What I did say was that I would consider a permanent 6am-2pm shift which would mean I could get a large proportion of my free time back, otherwise I would be happy (sort of) to be placed into an office environment – something I initially wasn’t keen on but it’s only for another five years anyway.
When I reach 60 I want to do something totally different as the final part of my career, whatever that may be. Anyway, I’m hopeful of a decent outcome and I told him that I really didn’t want to leave the company but my wife comes first and that I would regretfully have to look elsewhere for work. He didn’t want me to do that and said he would endeavour to ‘pull out some stops’ for me.

So it's being looked at and that can only be a good thing
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:24 AM

It seems you are a valued employee Floydy if your boss doesn't want you to leave so let us hope he does pull some strings for you. Good luck.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:29 AM

6.00-2.00pm shift sounds good Floydy. Fingers crossed it happens for you. If not then office work could open up some opportunities for you and add to your experience. You could then continue after you have officially retired.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It seems you are a valued employee Floydy if your boss doesn't want you to leave so let us hope he does pull some strings for you. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
6.00-2.00pm shift sounds good Floydy. Fingers crossed it happens for you. If not then office work could open up some opportunities for you and add to your experience. You could then continue after you have officially retired.
Thanks each
yes, I'll be staying but I'll keep pestering them. They don't want to lose me, but then again nobody's indispensable are they? The 6-2 would be great, but the problem is that others would want it to...the jury's out on it.

I'm not mad keen on office work, Aerolor, but thinking of the next five years until I go part-time, it would suffice. I do like being active but I have that outside of work so it wouldn't be too bad.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:40 PM

Looking more positive for you floydy . I'm pleased for you

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top