Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:29 AM

A tale of derring-do

Are there no more great adventures to be had? Are there no more daring risks to be taken, or hazardous journeys on which to embark?
It wasn't all that long ago when men and women of character and breeding like us forum members would strike out into the unknown at the drop of a hat, equipped with little more than a pair of sturdy boots and a pipe full of tobacco.

Undeterred by danger, their only bastion against inclement weather would be a tartan blanket, and their only preparation for survival in a treacherous and unknown country would be to take some sandwiches and a Swiss army knife.
After all, when it came down to it, what more would a gentleman and woman of courage need than their wits and a certain firmness of character?
A person like that would have thought nothing of facing the direst of perils for they knew that when encountering a monster with bright red eyes, flesh encrusted claws and a gob full of sharp teeth (Somewhat similar to her indoors), a firm voice and an unflinching manner would soon have the fearsome beast purring like a kitten and nuzzling against their shins.

(roll music in the background..’Dambusters, all together now..hum.’da da da dadda da’)..etc

I bring you a tale of derring do, of courage and bravery straight from the kitchen of Vlad Villa’s, home of Vlad, Bon Vivant, world traveller, soldier of fortune, international lover, philosopher and all round good egg, Dementia his beloved, peace and blessings on her name and worth the camels and Fang der Wunderhund a Yorkie with attitude who adds nothing to this tale. (See what I did there..clever uh?)

I give you a tale of MICE! (Readers fall back into their Lazyboy recliners ..a look of horror on their faces, just an aside, why does my spellcheck always change that to Ladyboy?

Yes, Vlads Villa has MICE!

But there is more….stay tuned to this channel (licence fee optional) for the next exciting chapter.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:36 AM

Re: A tale of derring-do

I take it you've retired to a safe distance,planning your next move,don't forget risk assessment's,coshh,covid restrictions,so much to think about before attempting any kind of removal.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:37 AM

Oh yes there is, just visit Scotland

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I take it you've retired to a safe distance,planning your next move,don't forget risk assessment's,coshh,covid restrictions,so much to think about before attempting any kind of removal.
Shit! I hadn’t even considered those! Thanks..back to the drawing board methinks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Shit! I hadn’t even considered those! Thanks..back to the drawing board methinks.
........ and there was I looking forward to the next episode with bated breath!
Vlad
West Midlands UK

12-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
........ and there was I looking forward to the next episode with bated breath!
Fear not..I remain undeterred..’Cry Haddock, and release the Cods of War.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	B90A76FE-79B2-4CF8-AEC8-BE80CFC1A4CA.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	13913  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:51 AM

Fear not..I remain undeterred..’Cry Haddock, and release the Cods of War.

Something fishy about this!
Vlad
West Midlands UK

12-10-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oh yes there is, just visit Scotland

Lockdown in Scotland is harsh...’no timorous beasties here’
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:01 PM

You may be lucky if quick you can do it under the radar before lockdown kicks in,will the mice know?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:07 PM

Please be careful Vlad. Promise me you will stay alert and vigilant. Keep your sabre by your bedside and your mobile phone with you at all times.

I have heard reports of this new breed of mice being bigger than Fang is, and could easily take his head off if he pokes it in where it is not wanted. May I suggest you buy him some chain mail from ebay, post haste.

Lastly, don't forget to do 50 press ups every morning to keep supple and ready to fight.
Good luck my dear.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top