Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:41 PM

Re: Have You Noticed The State Of Lay-bys These Days? They Are Disgusting!

I can't say I have noticed the state of lay-bys although I haven't stopped in one since August. Don't forget a lot of the services were closed due to covid, which could account for the increase in Caca.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 09:17 PM

I've noticed them Arty, and they are proper dump it sites. There used to be large litter bins on some of them, but were rarely emptied and were overflowing all over the place, so I think people just gave up trying to dispose of their rubbish sensibly. Why they don't just take it home with them I'll never know....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 09:38 PM

Maybe employing laymen to survey laybys is not enough to stop the dumpers, we need laymen, with a dump mentality who no longer feel the need to dump, to get inside the heads of the habitual dumpers
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 09:53 PM

Perhaps most of the rubbish is from space junk that has returned to earth...As seen on another thread..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps most of the rubbish is from space junk that has returned to earth...As seen on another thread..
On its way back from Uranus.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you have a copy of this map I could study? So that I can avoid them of course.
My maps are localised and, after a couple of years non-use, probably out-of-date, but I'm sure that Google will be able to help (and even surprise) you .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe employing laymen to survey laybys is not enough to stop the dumpers, we need laymen, with a dump mentality who no longer feel the need to dump, to get inside the heads of the habitual dumpers
I'm regular ... every morning after breakfast.

Never dumped in a layby though, and have no ambition to. 😐
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Not just laybys its rubbish generally all over the place....we need another Keep BritainTidy campaign....worth a try.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Not just laybys its rubbish generally all over the place....we need another Keep BritainTidy campaign....worth a try.
I think many people would take little notice of slogans these days Summer!
The people who do this are not objectionable yobs, they are just too idle to clear up their mess, or too stupid to work out what to do with it!
I don't travel much now, so don't see these awful lay-bys, but I am pleased to say that all my local people clean up after their dogs & never dump rubbish in this area.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
The Keep Britain Tidy campaigns are still in existence summer:

https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/get-...h-spring-clean

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The people who do this are not objectionable yobs, they are just too idle to clear up their mess, or too stupid to work out what to do with it!
I don't travel much now, so don't see these awful lay-bys, but I am pleased to say that all my local people clean up after their dogs & never dump rubbish in this area.
I believe it will take a complete change in personal attitudes to dropping / dumping any rubbish, from a sweet wrapper to fridges and mattresses, before there is ever any improvement.

It would also help if council rubbish tips were not moneymaking, we all pay enough extortionate Council Tax for this not to happen but it does and this I believe, contributes to the problems of all kinds of rubbish being dumped.

In answer to the OP – no I haven't seen the appalling state of lay-bys. Not first-hand anyway, only on TV. Now I would never use them. This whole country is getting to where it will soon become one big, filthy lay-by so eventually not that far to look.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top