Join for free
Page 30 of 63 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Whiplash

What a strange film. Draws a comparison with what is totally wrong with society these days - wanting more all the time. Thing is though there is a strong point being made - have all the best artists been and gone already? Good point. I nearly gave up on this film. A bit of advice though: persevere till the very end because the last 10 mins will blow your socks off. The obnoxious guy might well be vindicated - kinda.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 02:53 AM

My son and I saw Jupiter Rising at the IMAX in Cardiff last evening. Have to say we have decided not to go there again though. The 3D theatre is titchy so the effect is diminished. Their so called superior seats are not a patch on those at VUE and they cost more. Anyway, the film. A bit 'cheesy' as far as the storyline goes, but the special effects are amazing, and it has Sean Bean, what more could a girl want?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
My son and I saw Jupiter Rising at the IMAX in Cardiff last evening. Have to say we have decided not to go there again though. The 3D theatre is titchy so the effect is diminished. Their so called superior seats are not a patch on those at VUE and they cost more. Anyway, the film. A bit 'cheesy' as far as the storyline goes, but the special effects are amazing, and it has Sean Bean, what more could a girl want?
Its taking a bit of a hammering from the critics, but thats not always a good guide as to what the public will make of it. I will wait for the DVD and then again for it to go into the bargain section.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Whiplash

What a strange film. Draws a comparison with what is totally wrong with society these days - wanting more all the time. Thing is though there is a strong point being made - have all the best artists been and gone already? Good point. I nearly gave up on this film. A bit of advice though: persevere till the very end because the last 10 mins will blow your socks off. The obnoxious guy might well be vindicated - kinda.
Glad you enjoyed it ... I have to see it again
My late father was a drummer in his spare time. He had a proper job too ... lol

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Its taking a bit of a hammering from the critics, but thats not always a good guide as to what the public will make of it. I will wait for the DVD and then again for it to go into the bargain section.
Probably seeing it this coming week ... hmmmmm ... Cheesy eh Des ?
Happy ending ?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Have to say, in this instance, this is not a good idea. The special effects, the spectacular and dramatic scenarios, all need to be seen on the big screen to gain the full effect. It would be a bit Bleugh on a tv screen, even a big one.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Have to say, in this instance, this is not a good idea. The special effects, the spectacular and dramatic scenarios, all need to be seen on the big screen to gain the full effect. It would be a bit Bleugh on a tv screen, even a big one.
Yes, this is always a question
We saw Exodus a few weeks ago and I can't see how it would work on a TV screen

Wouldn't bother watching it again anyway I don't think
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 11:17 PM

Just finished watching The Magic of Belle Isle, with Morgan Freeman. Had never heard of it before. I did enjoy it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Just finished watching The Magic of Belle Isle, with Morgan Freeman. Had never heard of it before. I did enjoy it.
Going to give that one a try. Looks like a film I might enjoy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839654/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 02:10 AM

I rewatched "A Million Ways to Die in the West" last night. If you haven't seen it then it is absolutely hilarious.

The prostitute and her boyfriend who haven't had sex because they are Christian and saving themselves for their wedding had me in stitches. "I won't sit down my arsehole is a bit sore"
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I rewatched "A Million Ways to Die in the West" last night. If you haven't seen it then it is absolutely hilarious.

The prostitute and her boyfriend who haven't had sex because they are Christian and saving themselves for their wedding had me in stitches. "I won't sit down my arsehole is a bit sore"
I quite enjoyed it but it did go off the boil for periods.

Page 30 of 63 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top