Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Marley
New Member!
Oxford
Marley is female 

23-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Fractured radial neck

Hi, I am new (today) and this is my first thread. Just wondered if anyone has broken their radial neck before and can tell me how long it took before they didn't have any pain. I broke mine 7 weeks ago and although obviously now healed it is still painful for certain movements paricularly around the wrist and up the forearm. It is improving and I can do most things but it is movements like wringing out cloths, cleaning, pushing down on door handles and fine movements of my hand that hurts my wrist even though it was my elbow. If it takes a few months then ok but just wondered if anyone has any positive outcomes. Thanks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:33 PM

Re: Fractured radial neck

Hello Marley - sounds awful, the only thing I can suggest for you to give some relief is Arnica gel. I use it everyday.
Hope you are soon much better
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Marley ->
Hi, I am new (today) and this is my first thread. Just wondered if anyone has broken their radial neck before and can tell me how long it took before they didn't have any pain. I broke mine 7 weeks ago and although obviously now healed it is still painful for certain movements paricularly around the wrist and up the forearm. It is improving and I can do most things but it is movements like wringing out cloths, cleaning, pushing down on door handles and fine movements of my hand that hurts my wrist even though it was my elbow. If it takes a few months then ok but just wondered if anyone has any positive outcomes. .
It is very much a case of the individual Marley.
It can be weeks to months depending on the severity when the injury occurred that may have involved damage to other bones, soft tissue, nerves or blood vessels, in which recovery time may be significantly prolonged.

Also down to your bones and how well they heal and of course your general health and circulation.

Try to avoid doing the things that do cause pain if you can.

PS...welcome aboard.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:45 PM

Would compression bandage work ...I wonder ....?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 03:45 PM

What did your doctor advise?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
What did your doctor advise?
Yep, sorry but you should be asking your doctor rather than looking for advice from people who have no idea of your injury or background.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Would compression bandage work ...I wonder ....?
Doubt it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2014, 07:43 PM

See nothing wrong at all on asking if someone has experienced similar ....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
See nothing wrong at all on asking if someone has experienced similar ....
Of course... if you have seen his Xray and it was just like your xray.. then yes. The problem with self treating fractures is that they may be out of alignment and without surgical intervention would produce a deformed or non-funtioning wrist joint. MY advise.. go to the doctor and see if it needs manual realignment and a cast.. OR surgical open reduction and internal fixation.. ie.... pinning or plate and screws. Nothing anyone can tell you here can be effective without knowing that. It would be dangerous to follow advise without an xray or an MD evaluation
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2014, 08:55 PM

Don't feel a lecture is needed either gal - Marley was asking if someone has experienced the same, fair enough question, its good to share experience.
She wasn't asking for medical help, but the simplest of suggestions may have relieved the pain - nowt wrong with trying to be helpful, I wasn't suggesting life threatening ideas Just a friendly ear

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top