Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Re: The Beast of Trowbridge

Sorry everyone, it seems I'm on my own on this, but the picture in the Daily Mirror link even more clearly shows it a GSD/Alsation, so don't know why they're trying to make something out of nothing. The other black panther/couger picture is not even the same animal as the first picture. I can clearly see the traditional tan colouring starting on the hind leg of the dog and he certainly hasn't got a cats ears either. I've never doubted there are large cats roaming in some areas, but that isn't one of them, it's a newspapers hoax. I aint saying anymore.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:12 PM

P.S. Wish I could post photo's because I could send quite a few of an old GSD of mine, and you would see they are identical!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry everyone, it seems I'm on my own on this, but the picture in the Daily Mirror link even more clearly shows it a GSD/Alsation, so don't know why they're trying to make something out of nothing. The other black panther/couger picture is not even the same animal as the first picture. I can clearly see the traditional tan colouring starting on the hind leg of the dog and he certainly hasn't got a cats ears either. I've never doubted there are large cats roaming in some areas, but that isn't one of them, it's a newspapers hoax. I aint saying anymore.
You can also see the tan on the underside of the tail. From what I've seen, panthers and cougars don't have really bushy tails either!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:14 AM

P.S. Wish I could post photo's because I could send quite a few of an old GSD of mine, and you would see they are identical!
I think that's why I see the likeness so much too - if I had a scanner, I would scan the photos on here to show how similar it is.

This is the closest I could find online to the scene shown on the other photo and the tail is all wrong:

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-08-2013, 09:37 AM

I luv you BV, thankyou.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2013, 09:46 AM

I luv you BV, thankyou.
You're most welcome Mups - I do have a feeling that other photos, to the contrary, may well be forthcoming
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:17 AM

I guess we all 'see what we see', the original image looks nothing like a dog to me and very much like a cat . The same cat as the one in the article Aerolor posted.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thanks for that Rena it is a cat then a Black Cougar.
I don't think it is a black cougar Meg (I don't think the American cougar comes in black or black and tan and he ears are too big). I don't think it is a GSD either because I think the body shape and head is wrong. It could likely be dog of some type, but it's hard to tell the size of it from the photo. It could be a cat, but the ears don't seem quite right. Pity we can't see the muzzle. The photo could have been "doctored" I suppose.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Well if it is something like the pic below best keep well away from it. Just look at the power in the shoulder, neck and head - yikes

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't think it is a black cougar Meg (I don't think the American cougar comes in black or black and tan and he ears are too big). I don't think it is a GSD either because I think the body shape and head is wrong. It could likely be dog of some type, but it's hard to tell the size of it from the photo. It could be a cat, but the ears don't seem quite right. Pity we can't see the muzzle. The photo could have been "doctored" I suppose.
Hi Rena I still think it is a cat of some kind , it could be any number of things..

Herbert and Doreen Smith while going through Murhill Woods in Trowbridge where they say they saw the creature which is said to be the size of a Husky or Labrador. They quickly took a picture of the image with the camera they had with them.
...very odd lifting a picture from somewhere else and pretending they took it themselves...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top