Join for free
Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 05:24 PM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
OK, thanks Zaphod. I thought they started at sparrow's fart tomorrow.
Nah, they've got a penchant for pizza & that's not really a good breakfast.

Imagine starting talks at this hour though, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I presume that there must be some reason to it?
Anyway, hopefully we are in the endgame now.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 05:31 PM

The EU has spit its dummy out and is in a big humiliating tail spin

In the biggest crisis to hit the world (COVID-19) the EU as a block does its best to approve the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine with the EMA. 27 countries, giving its best to show the world ....

Then, to their horror, the UK beats all of them and the rest of the world to not only approve the vaccine by being super agile with its own health authority (the MHRA) but starts to roll it out during the following week with its national health service, all singing from the same hymn sheet, aligned, ready and able.

The EU has been scared to death the UK would roar away and leave them behind once we are no longer bound to their rules and here we go, our first challenge and we watch them fall away in the rear view mirror

The 27 EU countries all working together just found out they can't compete with the UK ... Brexieers are not only right but showed the world the first chance we got. The future as the EU have just found out will be more of the same, so in a last ditch attempt, they try and deflect from their humiliation by taking everything off the table for a free trade agreement. This not only shows that the EU is more divided than anyone thought, but also stupid enough to destroy whats left of it when its exposed as a big fat failure.

Meanwhile Boris Johnson is whistling "Waltzing Matilda" taunting a no deal brexit (this is true), as the guy who lead the leave campaign, won it and now sits in number 10 as prime minister with an 80 seat majority.

Two fingers up at you Macron !!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 06:39 PM

These discussions are not only rather pointless, but are becoming quite boring, at least to me.

I can't see any deal being approved now. Certainly, the Frogs will veto any agreement that doesn't give them access to our fishing waters, and if Boris should give that away now he'll be gone by next year so I'm pretty sure he won't.

As I understand it, we are still holding discussions in order that we cannot be accused later of not making any effort.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
These discussions are not only rather pointless, but are becoming quite boring, at least to me.

I can't see any deal being approved now. Certainly, the Frogs will veto any agreement that doesn't give them access to our fishing waters, and if Boris should give that away now he'll be gone by next year so I'm pretty sure he won't.

As I understand it, we are still holding discussions in order that we cannot be accused later of not making any effort.
What do they talk about or do in these " negotiations"??
Do they just sit there and look at each other?
Do they engage in arm wrestling or see who can spit the furthest?
If they keep their masks on, no wonder they have problems
understanding each other !!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What do they talk about or do in these " negotiations"??
Do they just sit there and look at each other?
Do they engage in arm wrestling or see who can spit the furthest?
If they keep their masks on, no wonder they have problems
understanding each other !!!
I'm assuming that the Frogs just keep demanding and making threats, whilst the Brits just sit quietly laughing inwardly and occasionally make a very polite explanation that 'I'm afraid that we could not possibly do that'.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 10:05 PM

Nothing to stop Le Grenouille from purchasing an annual permit to fish in our waters for a fee that I can see. Obviously, they've been that used to stealing fish from our waters for so long they see it as a right that shouldn't have to be paid for and wish to continue as before. Frost and Boris should tell them to get lost. Did the French demand fish from Canada's waters during the negotiations? No they did not. They shouldn't expect them from ours either unless they pay for the privilege.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-12-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Nothing to stop Le Grenouille from purchasing an annual permit to fish in our waters for a fee that I can see. Obviously, they've been that used to stealing fish from our waters for so long they see it as a right that shouldn't have to be paid for and wish to continue as before. Frost and Boris should tell them to get lost. Did the French demand fish from Canada's waters during the negotiations? No they did not. They shouldn't expect them from ours either unless they pay for the privilege.
Yes, that would work but with one important addition.
Any fish caught in our waters should be landed at a British port for checking as for type and quantity.

We could also insist that initial processing should take place here as well.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simple fact of life,

Boris says he had an Oven Ready Deal.

Gove said, Nobody voted for No Deal.

Reality they are both lying gits who have been outmanovered by the EU.

We deserve better.
Its not good Basting the Turkey, if you ain't Blanched the Sprouts.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 09:41 AM

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Well fellow Brexit supporters, hopefully, in the next 24 hours we will know the UK's future.
Just 3 weeks 3 days to go! Whether or not we will be truly free of the EU dictatorship is now down to Boris and whether he holds his nerve on the red lines so important to the people of this country. Come 11pm, 31st Dec 2020, we will either be popping champagne corks (definitely not French!) or biting our lips in anger and frustration at Boris for his capitulation at the 11th hour which will tie us to the EU forever with Brino.
I pray this is not the case.
I am still giving my original Babycham glasses a special polish in anticipation.

Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top