Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:34 AM

Re: Nightingale Hospitals !!

Baroness Dido "Incompetent" Harding is Chair of NHS Improvement (NHSI), a non-departmental body in England, responsible for overseeing the National Health Service's foundation trusts and NHS trusts, as well as independent providers that provide NHS-funded care. Since 1 April 2019, NHS Improvement and NHS England work together as a single organisation in the management of England's National Health Service.

Harding hasn't a clue about anything except horses - hence the continual and persistent chaos within the Health Service, including the confusion over Nightingale Hospitals .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well you must know my next question Zaphod ?
Have they ever used this facility,if not, why not?
Obviously the private sector can't keep their assets on permanent
standby just to suit the NHS?
What will happen to all their rich customers if they fall sick??
Why pressurise an allready overloaded NHS when there is no need ??
Could it be that there is friction between the two systems l wonder??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I really don't know and - if I'm to be blunt and honest - I don't care.
Why not?
Well, because it's yet another of those situations (of which there are countless examples) whereby it doesn't really matter who does what, because it can (and is) interpreted especially by media as being somehow wrong.

The above is a good example.
"We need more beds!"
Buys more beds.
"Beds are being wasted!"

IMHO it doesn't matter what is done, in the eyes of a certain very vocal minority (as OGF quite correctly suggests above) will say it is the wrong course of action.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why not?
Well, because it's yet another of those situations (of which there are countless examples) whereby it doesn't really matter who does what, because it can (and is) interpreted especially by media as being somehow wrong.

"We need more beds!"
Buys more beds.
"Beds are being wasted!"

IMHO it doesn't matter what is done, in the eyes of a certain very vocal minority (as OGF quite correctly suggests above) will say it is the wrong course of action.

Like him or loath him, you've got to admire Boris's restraint in front of the cameras. I'd just want to punch some of those cretin's who ask stupid questions and then misquote him in the news the next day.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why not?

"We need more beds!"
Buys more beds.
"Beds are being wasted!"

Well l will answer my own question Zaphod, apparently NHS only
took an option on 2000 private beds l have discovered, plus the
use of more than 200 intensive care units!! Which in the present
context does not seem many to me? I am sure private care has
many more than that!
Unfortunately l could not discover if NHS has availed itself of
these facilities yet?
This could be important, if , as seems likely, the NHS is being
overwhelmed !!
Imo, media reports should not enter into the discussion annoying as
as they may be?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:40 PM

I said this about Nightingale Hospitals not being used weeks back.
At the time, I read that only 1 our of 8 were in use.

Someone in my family is a nurse at the local hospital, and she said the hospitals themselves are asking the same question. Why are the Nightingales not in use?
They are not happy about so many Covid patients being put into the 'ordinary' hospitals full of already sick patients.

We understand it is because there is no staff available, but how much has the erection of these sites cost, just to be dismantled again, and what about when our usual hospitals reach saturation point - which seems imminent in some areas. Where will patients go then?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said this about Nightingale Hospitals not being used weeks back.
At the time, I read that only 1 our of 8 were in use.

Someone in my family is a nurse at the local hospital, and she said the hospitals themselves are asking the same question. Why are the Nightingales not in use?
They are not happy about so many Covid patients being put into the 'ordinary' hospitals full of already sick patients.

We understand it is because there is no staff available, but how much has the erection of these sites cost, just to be dismantled again, and what about when our usual hospitals reach saturation point - which seems imminent in some areas. Where will patients go then?
Exactly. They should be kept in isolation, away from otherwise ill patients.

In my opinion, the problem is a lack of foresight and planning, which is something that our authorities seem to excel at generally.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly. They should be kept in isolation, away from otherwise ill patients.

In my opinion, the problem is a lack of foresight and planning, which is something that our authorities seem to excel at generally.

I agree with that JBR.

Any highly infectious disease should be isolated.
Good grief, even my vets do that!

It's got to be like you said - foresight and planning at fault, because if they had checked staffing levels before hand, surely they wouldn't have gone to the expense of building these isolation places for them just to be dismantled again?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed ..... "Incompetent" Harding never sees anything coming ..... and she's in charge of NHS "improvement" .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-01-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with that JBR.

Any highly infectious disease should be isolated.
Good grief, even my vets do that!

It's got to be like you said - foresight and planning at fault, because if they had checked staffing levels before hand, surely they wouldn't have gone to the expense of building these isolation places for them just to be dismantled again?
It was all part of BJ's panic plan - spending money like water and keeping his buddies in business .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-01-2021, 04:07 PM

A slight side-track if I may . . if Covid patients are not isolated, it seems logical enough to imagine many more patients will be infected than might otherwise have been, which in turn means, in all probablility, many more deaths will follow.

I have asked this before but still do not know the answer - what is happening to all the diseased bodies?

I have never once heard how/if Undertakers are coping?

How long after death does a diseased remain infectious, because that would make it very difficult for Undertakers to 'prepare' anyone.

Are Undertakers working short staffed through illness too?

Where are the thousands of extra bodies being stored until burial?

Are Covid bodies allowed burial even, or do infectious bodies have to be cremation only?

I have been told several times that a council tip on the outskirts of a village not far from me, is now closed because it is being used as a storage facility for Covid deaths.
I cannot verify this though.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top