Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:14 AM

One of those days

It is a day that you want to forget, stressed out when everything that can go wrong does, the car won't start, when it does it is low on fuel, the weather is wet and miserable, the OH is being a nuisance, the noise from next door is to much to bear, you have a headache that is the worst ever and to top it all you can't have a relaxing brew because the kettle packs in.

Go into a quiet room, sit in a comfortable chair, lean back and think about the one place where you would love to be all alone, like a quiet country meadow with lots of wild flower, the summer sun warming the day, a breeze blowing the fragrance of the flowers across your nostrils the silence of mother nature and switch on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7CTkDCqm4

I guarantee that if you are still awake when it stops you will be so relaxed that nothing could upset you.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Re: One of those days

That is amazing, my daughter got me his DVD for my birthday
Last year it was amazing, thanks for posting this. Enjoy your day
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 09:06 AM

My wife and I are two of his fans. I discovered him about this time last year and now I have 26 DVDs of his concerts. We watch them on Saturday evenings when there is only rubbish on the telly.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 09:48 AM

It's horrible when you get days like that antibrown, unfortunately we all get them.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Oooh so that's what its called One of my favourite pieces of music. No matter how many times I hear it on Classic FM I can never "get" what its called. Thanks for posting it
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 07:14 AM

Sorry folks, I was referring to the music not the artist.
I was lucky enough to see him in Amsterdam 2005. The experience was out of this world.

Marian it is Pietro Mascagni's Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana, I can not think of a more relaxing piece of music.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Oooh so that's what its called One of my favourite pieces of music. No matter how many times I hear it on Classic FM I can never "get" what its called. Thanks for posting it
Marian darlin' - its actually better known as the Intermezzo from the Opera: 'Cavalieria Rusticana' by Mascagni.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

20-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Marian darlin' - its actually better known as the Intermezzo from the Opera: 'Cavalieria Rusticana' by Mascagni.

Didn't I say that Joe!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top