Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Medication/Pills

Hi

I just wanted to run this past you. For those of you who do take medication on a daily basis, have any of you ever found that, when popping a tablet from a blister pack, you find that there's no tablet there?

So far I have found five out of 12 blisters not to contain a tablet.

Now, should I mention this to my chemist, or not bother? I would have thought the manufacturers would make sure that every blister contains a tablet before packaging, although I'm not sure how that would be done.

The point is, the chemist is paying for, say, 28 tablets, of which eight are missing.

Scam, or genuine error?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 05:36 AM

Re: Medication/Pills

It's never happened to me Mollie. What does happen is that I pop the pill out of the blister, it flies away never to be seen again. Why can't they put them in drums ?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 10:08 AM

I had some pills like that Mollie. The pills were spaced out in quite a large foil backed sheet and I thought there were 16 pills in there. Turned out there were only eight and I was most miffed. I looked a bit closer and realised that the empty blisters were a tiny bit smaller than the ones with a pill in. I realised when I looked on the pack that there were only supposed to be eight and concluded that the empty blisters were a part of the manufacturing/packaging process. Some other packs of pills the company made might have had 16 pills per sheet, but not mine and this was a way of making one manufacturing/packaging process do for two types of pill. They were very tiny pills anyway, so maybe it was also another way of making me think I was getting more for my money.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It's never happened to me Mollie. What does happen is that I pop the pill out of the blister, it flies away never to be seen again. Why can't they put them in drums ?
Yes Alan matey, I can relate to that too, - they usually slip down the inside of the armchair cushion and vanish down inside the chair. I'm sure there will be a whole week's supply of my tablets down there.
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 11:58 AM

i find that the hard capsules break in half when trying to pop them out then i panic as theyve shot on the floor and worry if the cat gets them .... the soft capsules end up all squashed...i would much prefer the bottles.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 12:55 PM

No, it's never happened to me either Mollie.
But I do have the same problem as Alan and Geoff. The pills do pop out but find their way to the floor, usually under the table Thank goodness for the 'pick up stick'
We use little medicine cups (saved from bottles of cough jollop) and now count our tablets before taking, you'd be surprised how many times a pill has escaped without our noticing
Fortunately we don't have animals or very young grandchildren crawling about the floor!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
No, it's never happened to me either Mollie.
But I do have the same problem as Alan and Geoff. The pills do pop out but find their way to the floor, usually under the table Thank goodness for the 'pick up stick'
We use little medicine cups (saved from bottles of cough jollop) and now count our tablets before taking, you'd be surprised how many times a pill has escaped without our noticing
Fortunately we don't have animals or very young grandchildren crawling about the floor!
Jan darlin' - I have a pill container separated into seven compartments. I make up my weekly pills on Sunday - that way I can easily and immediately tell if I have forgotten to take any.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Its never happened to me either. When I take my rations out twice a day I do it on the bed so if any drop out my hands they only land on the duvet where I can see them and reach them immediately.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 01:49 PM

you should tell him I have never had any like that
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 01:54 PM

Geoff, we got one of those containers for my mum and I would fill it for her once a week. We ended up having a nurse in daily 'cos she still got in a muddle. I think they are a good idea. What we do at the moment, is a days worth in a container, with an alarm call on the mobile to remind me of my lunchtime ones... I'm a devil for forgetting them
Pixie is right Mollie, perhaps you should tell the pharmacist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top