Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 06:54 AM

Hair

Wondered how we all feel about our hair, as a bairn my dad ex army dad made me have the short back and sides at his favorite barber (Sweeny Todd ) so it was less than surprising that when long hair for men in the 60`s came in i naturally rebelled much to his embarrassment.

This state lasted quite a while from the unkempt start until the later more groomed appearance that required blow drys etc. Not quite the metro man but getting there. Once the wearing of hard hats on site came in, shorter hairstyles ensued as your head was boiled alive in hot weather.

As my lifestyle changed to encompass the great outdoors i eventually started to crop my hair short and wear a hat in cold weather.

So how has your hair changed with time, does it help define you, must admit im glad in not female as the cost of hair cuts etc seems very expensive.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Re: Hair

I lost most of my head hair some 30 years ago.I now have short back and sides and even shorter top!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 09:41 AM

I had long hair most of my life, lost it all to cancer treatment and found it most disturbing as I was no longer me at all. When it grew back very curly I was amazed and didn't embrace it at first but more lately I have allowed the curls to win and strangely it seems to suit me better. I cut it shorter last year and now it's just wash and leave if I want so much easier than taking a couple of hours to get it dried. Also easier to sleep than having to put it up or hanging over the edge of the bed to stop it strangling me in the night !!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 09:45 AM

My hair always had a mind of it's own, unfortunately, one day it made it's mind up, and left.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Always had long hair. Now its a good bit shorter, shoulder length. Still like the colour as its natural and I don't need to pay for dyes! I couldn't afford an expensive hairdresser, but I'm pleased with the one I've got and she's very reasonable.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 10:33 AM

I had long hair till my early 20's. Since then it's been either shoulder length or short, which it is now. Unfortunately, it seems to be thinning at the front, not sure if this is stress, my medical condition or both.

And yes Nom the price of a cut and blow dry is quite expensive, I pay £30 every six weeks but I do feel better when I've had it cut.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:39 PM

Two flies skating on a bald mans head.

One fly says to the other " what a great skating rink this is".
The other fly replies " Yes, but a few years ago it was only a footpath"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:05 PM

I have very thick hair, think 'upside down yard brush'

It is very difficult to cut. I had it cut this week and the hairdresser made a mess as usual so I had to come home and have a go with the dog trimming scissors

While it is cold I go out with my hood up so it isn't noticeable and I won't scare the sheep and horses
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:05 PM

My hair always had a mind of it's own, unfortunately, one day it made it's mind up, and left. Belter .

Good point about the cancer treatment Julie, when my sister lost hers it was devastating, took her to my local city to a wigmakers and she chose a couple. It helped her self esteem.

My one and only venture into hair colouring was a big splodge on my noggin for a David Bowie concert, money would have been better spent on earplugs to drown out the screaming teenage girls.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:15 PM

I think many men worry too much about losing their hair , a lot of woman like a bald head or the monks tonsure effect, I do but what I don't like to see men with dyed hair , far too harsh or wearing any form of dead animal on their head

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top