Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:24 PM

Re: Hair

When I was a kid, boys had short hair and girls had long hair. When I reached my teens, that had changed except for 1. Mother and 2. School.

At the start of 6th form, virtually all the senior pupils were sent to get a hair cut. It was a fairly small town and most young men went to one barber who had a 'interesting' selection of magazines. Of course, we couldn't all fit in so some boys went to a local cafe where two of them met a reporter from the local rag. He asked what they were doing and they said they were sent to get a hair cut. "Both of you"? he asked.
"No, there are 70 of us".

Next thing, the local and provincial press and even a TV crew descended on the barber's shop. Photos were staged, interviews were held and we had out 15 mins of fame. The headmaster was not available for comment !!

It marked a change in school policy, especially as now the 11+ was being phased out. So my hair grew longer, much to mother's annoyance.
After all what would people think of HER ?

Well I'm in my mid 60's now, rapidly going bald on top, but my remaining hair has retained most of it's colour and I wear it in a pony tail. My beard however is fairly white - and invariably needs a trim!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 10:08 PM

My hair has not changed much since I was a young man, it’s all there only the colour is nearly all gone to grey now, it still grows rapidly and needs cutting every 6 weeks or so, I have a great clippers for the job and do it meself, the web camera is ideal for seeing the back of the head.

I think hair plays a very important role in peoples lives, you can even distinguish who’s who by their hair, take the beards of the Amish and the pigtails of the orthodox jews, the famous RAF handlebar moustache, Hitlers penny black and the Mohawk tribes unique middle crop, incidentally I’ve never seen anyone wear a moustache like hitlers since the war, the only one I remember on screen with something similar was Oliver Hardy. Society even objects to how we wear our hair, too long or too short, kids sent home from school because of school rules on hair.
Yes my friends, hair is not taken lightly in some places around the world, remember what happened to Samson when he let it all hang out on that disastrous night.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 10:20 PM

The guy in 10cc had a Hitler moustache I seem to remember.
I tried on one of my daughter's wigs she has for her uni course, it's honey blonde and longish, I thought it didn't look too bad so may try blonde for a change instead of auburn. Might attract more bearded gentlemen!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 10:29 PM

Might just Twiz, and they say gentlemen prefer blondes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 11:37 PM

Didn't the guy in Sparks, and Brian Ferry have a Hitler at some point.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:44 PM

I'm off to the hairdresser today for the first time since last October . I've left it and left it, as usual, until I badly need a haircut. I'm definitely not a six week cut person

Are you a regular? Or like me - verging on twice a year!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I'm off to the hairdresser today for the first time since last October . I've left it and left it, as usual, until I badly need a haircut. I'm definitely not a six week cut person

Are you a regular? Or like me - verging on twice a year!
Sadly you can't leave it that long with short hair, but I'm inclined to leave it too long most of the time. I'll streth it to three months between cuts if I can, but sometimes I have to go earlier because it's driving me mad.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sadly you can't leave it that long with short hair, but I'm inclined to leave it too long most of the time. I'll streth it to three months between cuts if I can, but sometimes I have to go earlier because it's driving me mad.
Yes, that's true. If it's a short style then you'd want to keep it in that style. I've never had short hair. It's shoulder length at the moment and I'll get a good bit taken off it and some layers.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 02:26 PM

I'm a six week hairdresser person, if I leave it any longer my hair feels heavy due to having thick hair
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Didn't the guy in Sparks, and Brian Ferry have a Hitler at some point.
Yes
That guy in Sparks was very scary

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top