Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Re: A foot problem

That needs seeing by a doc. Don`t even think about arguing-it`s a wound waiting to get infected.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 04:22 PM

Need to keep that scrupulously clean so no walking around bare foot for a while Bruce, I think I would consult the walk in clinic here (not sure how you are set up in Aus) and follow what ever regime they tell you as it looks a bit infected.

When it's better coconut oil is excellent for heals I find and stops the cracking pretty well.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Warning: not a pretty sight.

I have had a sore heal for a week or so and put it down to a bang or having stepped on something but it hasn't got better.

However when I eventually tried to look I found a ruddy great crack in my heal. I thought the black was dirt because I do walk around in bare feet a lot and the ground is particularly wet and muddy at the moment after 7 weeks of wet weather BUT it turned out to be dried blood.

BTW the smaller cracks are normal for me and have been there for years in varying shapes without any adverse effect.

Any ideas on how to treat this? I was thinking of rubbing in Lanolin cream or even Sorbaline to soften the skin.
See your doctor.......bacteria can enter those cracks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 07:28 PM

Do they still sell potassium permanganate? That used to be used to soak feet with sores too!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 09:35 PM

I think you need to soak your foot in warm water with antiseptic in it first Bruce. Then when the skin has softened put on some intense moisturiser (as greasy as possible - petroleum jelly even) - and then keep a cotton sock on the foot (sleep in the sock as well). Repeat this process daily for a while, always soaking the foot with antiseptic in the water, each time keeping the foot in the water until the skin softens before you put the cream/emollient on. I don't think I would attempt to file the skin off for the moment. Don't go without shoes until the foot is completely mended - be sure to keep a clean fresh cotton sock on. If it doesn't start to mend after doing this for a few days, see your doctor.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 09:38 PM

Day to day foot care should include using a foot scraper on hard skin - just for a minute or two, a thorough wash, dry and moisturiser. Easy routine to get into and has almost instant results - but that photo shows something a bit more severe. You can buy Heel Balm from most chemists - that should help.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top